★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: wordee -- You guessed it, a word game

04-07-2009, 11:43 PM
wordee -- You guessed it, a word game

Hi everyone,

My buddy and I made a simple word/puzzle game, which got released a few days ago. It's our first iPhone game (we make DS games), so be gentle (unless it sucks). Alas, I don't have any more codes to give out, but a lite version of the game is waiting to be approved and should be released within a week or two.

You can get some more info here: http://www.apocalypsetrain.com/wordee/index.html

Or check it out in the app store here: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=309294799&mt=8

Thanks!!
04-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Purchased
Post impressions later

04-08-2009, 12:24 AM
A lot more challenging than I was expecting, a "hint" button would be appreciated.
04-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Agreed
Hint button
Move to next level automatically
It's fun
I love it
Logic game
Post full review tommorow
04-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks for checking it out!

Hint button: we're trying to figure out the best way to handle this, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be in a future update. In the meantime I was planning on posting some videos showing basic strategies, or else just walk through how to solve a few of the specific puzzles.

Automatic level progression: I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even think of this. I'm adding it in right now and it will be in the next update.
04-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Ok
Great
I really like this because it's difficult. It's pretty much strategy game but making words help your strategy.
04-08-2009, 11:31 AM
wordee iss a rad word game for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It contains 70 hand-made puzzles, which are basically crosswords that have been scrambled up. Your job is to unscramble them by sliding rows and columns into their correct position.

So this has the clues included too?
04-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
wordee iss a rad word game for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It contains 70 hand-made puzzles, which are basically crosswords that have been scrambled up. Your job is to unscramble them by sliding rows and columns into their correct position.

So this has the clues included too?
The only clue the game gives you is that when a letter is in the spot where it belongs, it glows purple to let you know. If the letter is dark grey, then it's not in the right spot yet. So the general strategy is to move letters around until you get a few that light up, and then use those as clues to build off of. You could also spend the first few minutes of a puzzle moving ALL of the letters around and seeing where they light up, and if you have good memory you could actually figure out the final arrangement that way, but you'll still have to finesse everything into place.
04-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Doesn't look like it, but is there a timer and/or scores?
04-08-2009, 11:54 AM
No timer or scores