★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Top Shanzhai 2011!

04-12-2011, 04:28 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Nullroar
Top Shanzhai 2011!

Fellow TAers,
This is totally in the wrong forum and shall be moved!

We have often gathered on the forums to comment on the best games, or the worst games, and praise successes while lamenting failures.

But now it is time to point out a dark horse - the most ambitious and/or blatantly uncompromizing Shanzhai, or in other words, the most over-the-top knock-off / infringement games in the marketplace. This is tongue-in-cheek celebration of the ripoffs and unlicensed cash-ins that never should have been approved. [For that reason, no links - we don't want to accidentally rip someone off who is drunkenly browsing]

I'd love to see what your suggestions are.

I'd like to start things off by nominating Plants vs. Zombies 2, 3D goldmine (a copy of penelope), and Final Fantasy VI Death Race (infringement of 2 games in the title, and even more in the game's screenshots, including "The Matrix" and Capcom's P.N.03, believe it or not).

If this gets enough interesting entries, there will of course be a poll later on for infringement king (or Queen, ladies).

I've placed geocached DRM-free USB copies of my newest game in various locations throughout Europe and Southeastern US. Email me if you find 'em for the free "explorer" cape.

Last edited by Nullroar; 04-12-2011 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Homework ate my dog
04-12-2011, 04:57 AM
So what should we do?
04-12-2011, 05:02 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Nullroar
Nominate a ripoff / knockoff that took your breath away. : )

I've placed geocached DRM-free USB copies of my newest game in various locations throughout Europe and Southeastern US. Email me if you find 'em for the free "explorer" cape.