★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Malevolent [Now FREE]

04-08-2009, 04:48 AM
Malevolent [Now FREE]

There WAS a thread about this when it came out, but it never went far.

Now that it is free, maybe people will give it a chance.

Quote:
Have you ever wanted to take on the role of a malevolent deity? If so, today is your lucky day, because Malevolent lets you do just that. You have ten instruments of destruction at your disposal, from the simple crushing block, to high explosives, to black holes. Pulverize the hapless masses to your heart's content and watch the dismembered chunks fly. Worry not if you run out of people to kill, you can call down more with the touch of a button!

Features:
- 10 items with which to wreak havoc
- 10 built-in, default maps
- Simple level editor for authoring maps on the go
- Ability to add custom maps directly from your photo gallery
- Download even more custom, user-made maps from within the game
- If you want to play a more goal-oriented game, there's Challenge Mode, which gives you a specific objective to complete in each map
- Hand-drawn, animated graphics and (optionally disabled) goofy sound effects.

04-08-2009, 04:50 AM
I just saw that on appshopper. The price still has changed yet though.

Edit: Nevermind, just changed. Looks like I'll be trying it.

04-08-2009, 04:51 AM
I must have missed this one when it first came through the forums. It looks pretty snazzy. I will certainly try it now, waddo I gotz 2 looze ??
04-08-2009, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
I just saw that on appshopper. The price still has changed yet though.

Edit: Nevermind, just changed. Looks like I'll be trying it.
nvm changed for me too
04-08-2009, 04:58 AM
sorry but this looks awful
04-08-2009, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post
sorry but this looks awful
Well, it is definitely not for everyone. As you can easily tell, it doesn't have spectacular graphics or anything, but it's great to just mess around with. The simple level editor makes it a little better, and the challenge mode adds some re-playability.

Overall, it's a fun little game to just pick up and play when you feel like watching stick men die funny deaths. And what do you have to lose now that it is free?
04-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Makes you wonder why there's a level editor, but only 10 levels from the devs. If the levels are so easy to make, then why not ship the game with a few more levels? I never understood that in other games.
04-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Makes you wonder why there's a level editor, but only 10 levels from the devs. If the levels are so easy to make, then why not ship the game with a few more levels? I never understood that in other games.
Allows developers to be lazy, while still being able to claim high replay value or even unlimited levels.. as long as you want to make them.

Thanks for the heads up, I remember when it originally came out and people were calling it the Pocket God alternative.

Backlog+1

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, sounds like a more violent Pocket God lol, i'm going to grab it while its free.

Beta tested: Parallelus, Galactic Gunner, Crazy Snowboard, IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPodder View Post
What? They make games for the iPhone/iPod Touch?
lmao
04-08-2009, 11:26 PM
I like this game.

What ever it was worth , I would probably get it but not more than a dollar. Its pretty fun. Needs an update- more weapons? more levels? more sound effects? more pain

Make it like iShoot, with weapons I mean or tanks coming in. This would be great!

Last edited by 21duc29; 04-08-2009 at 11:32 PM.