★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: NOW WITH VALENTINE's DAY COSTUMES, DECORATIONS & MISSIONS!!!

This is BUG VILLAGE, a tiny town where you build and nurture a colony of ACTIVE ANTS and BUSY BEES! Construct homes to attract PLAYFUL BUGS and direct them to the garden, where they can gather resources to expand your village. Feed your bugs to keep them energized and healthy. Add cute decorations and flowers to make the colony BUZZ WITH EXCITEMENT! Small is beautiful in BUG VILLAGE!

A BEAUTIFUL, MINIATURE 3D WORLD
The first fully 3D casual city building game on iPhone

BUILD YOUR OWN VILLAGE AND GARDEN
Place new bug houses and decorations in the village and plant flowers in the garden

BUGS CAN BE CUTE TOO!
Interact with your Ants, Beetles and Bees, help Ladybugs and shoo away the Stinky Bugs and Ant Lions

KEEP YOUR BUGS HAPPY
Feed your bugs cookies, cupcakes and other fun food items

FOLLOW US at
Twitter @glumobile
facebook.com/glumobile

Our Bugs are always busy making sure we keep our village jam-packed full of free content and features. Previous updates include:
New houses, decorations, food items and more
Special missions
Bonus tasks and rewards
Visit Friends

PLEASE NOTE:
- This game is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings.
- Please buy carefully.
- Advertising appears in this game.
- This game permits users to interact with one another (eg. chat rooms, player to player chat, messaging). Linking to social networking sites are not intended for persons under age 13.
- A network connection is required to enable certain features/access certain content.
- For information about how Glu collects and uses your data, please read our privacy policy at: www.Glu.com/privacy
- If you have a problem with this game, please contact us at: www.Glu.com/support

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

04-13-2011, 05:52 AM
Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

This one looks better than a lot of Glu's other freemium games. I'm just hoping there's no spoiling mechanic in the game.

04-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu
I think it likes the other games, paid for the coins if you want to buy great thing.

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog
04-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Out in US
04-13-2011, 08:05 PM
I tired to get this and it said no longer available what is that about.
04-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Itunes was having trouble earlier, game is still available. I just d/l it a moment ago. Just wanted to let ppl checking this thread to know.
04-14-2011, 03:26 AM
Really nice and polished graphics. I have been looking forward to it for a while so i'll definitely download it.
04-17-2011, 03:35 PM
How to delete a pile

Hi, does anyone know how to delete a pile? Instead of putting it in your inventory?
04-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Like all Glu games this one is pretty to look at but without much substance, serving merely as a vehicle to entice you to spend real money for the rarer type of in-game currency. The concept of building an insect community is what attracted me to this game and though it is visually polished the overall experience is very shallow and gameplay features a few significant flaws. From the start it's pretty obvious Bug Village recycles the Hero Project engine swapping the combat mechanic for town building.

Gameplay consists of the following:

1) Build homes for bugs to inhabit - huts for ants, hives for bugs
2) Build piles for ants and plant flowers for bees so that you can assign your bugs to perform non-interactive, timed tasks which earn you XP & acorns (the common game currency).
3) Interact with 3 different characters (Lady Bug, Stink Bug & Ant Lions) that randomly visit your village. Let it be known however that "interacting" consists of simply tapping said character 1, 3 or ~10 times to make them go away for a modest XP reward.
4) Upgrade your bug homes and place decorations in your village. After level 2 the upgrades require coins (the rarer/IAP currency) as do most of the nicer looking decorations.
5) Complete scripted tasks/quests that consist of completing fixed amounts of 1-4 above.

Apart from the lack of satisfying gameplay elements Bug Village has a few flaws that bring the game down further.

1) Push notifications can not be muted or turned off. This is pretty unacceptable for people who don't want their device jingling in their pocket while at inappropriate times.
2) Once placed, buildings, flowers, piles and decorations can not be moved, sold or in most cases even destroyed. Better make sure you like where you're putting everything.
3) Poor touch interface & controls. The bug visitors you are expected to tap interact with are often obstructed behind or under objects you have built or placed making them very difficult to tap instead of said object. Zooming in helps sometimes but most often your repeated tapping attempts cause you to accidentally spend rare currency to "hurry" the task or upgrade that was underway for the object the bug was obstructed by.

Without these flaws I would deem Bug Village worthy of at least a 3-star rating as a pretty little time waster, but as is it deserves no more than 2-stars. Try Lil' Pirates for a more satisfying micro time-management experience.
04-27-2011, 12:45 PM
I agree with COHAGAN23 This game is nice very expensive to buy coins and acorns and you do not get many up to 100 dollars in some. That is alot of money It should only get a 2 it has nice graphics but that is all. These freedium games are getting out of hand.