Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-13-2011, 05:16 AM
iPad

Default Bug Village - (by Glu) - Universal App

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 04-13-2011 at 07:44 PM..
Old 04-13-2011, 05:52 AM

Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

This one looks better than a lot of Glu's other freemium games. I'm just hoping there's no spoiling mechanic in the game.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu

I think it likes the other games, paid for the coins if you want to buy great thing.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:43 PM
iPad

Out in US
Old 04-13-2011, 08:05 PM

I tired to get this and it said no longer available what is that about.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:44 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Itunes was having trouble earlier, game is still available. I just d/l it a moment ago. Just wanted to let ppl checking this thread to know.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 AM

Really nice and polished graphics. I have been looking forward to it for a while so i'll definitely download it.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:35 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default How to delete a pile

Hi, does anyone know how to delete a pile? Instead of putting it in your inventory?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:14 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Like all Glu games this one is pretty to look at but without much substance, serving merely as a vehicle to entice you to spend real money for the rarer type of in-game currency. The concept of building an insect community is what attracted me to this game and though it is visually polished the overall experience is very shallow and gameplay features a few significant flaws. From the start it's pretty obvious Bug Village recycles the Hero Project engine swapping the combat mechanic for town building.

Gameplay consists of the following:

1) Build homes for bugs to inhabit - huts for ants, hives for bugs
2) Build piles for ants and plant flowers for bees so that you can assign your bugs to perform non-interactive, timed tasks which earn you XP & acorns (the common game currency).
3) Interact with 3 different characters (Lady Bug, Stink Bug & Ant Lions) that randomly visit your village. Let it be known however that "interacting" consists of simply tapping said character 1, 3 or ~10 times to make them go away for a modest XP reward.
4) Upgrade your bug homes and place decorations in your village. After level 2 the upgrades require coins (the rarer/IAP currency) as do most of the nicer looking decorations.
5) Complete scripted tasks/quests that consist of completing fixed amounts of 1-4 above.

Apart from the lack of satisfying gameplay elements Bug Village has a few flaws that bring the game down further.

1) Push notifications can not be muted or turned off. This is pretty unacceptable for people who don't want their device jingling in their pocket while at inappropriate times.
2) Once placed, buildings, flowers, piles and decorations can not be moved, sold or in most cases even destroyed. Better make sure you like where you're putting everything.
3) Poor touch interface & controls. The bug visitors you are expected to tap interact with are often obstructed behind or under objects you have built or placed making them very difficult to tap instead of said object. Zooming in helps sometimes but most often your repeated tapping attempts cause you to accidentally spend rare currency to "hurry" the task or upgrade that was underway for the object the bug was obstructed by.

Without these flaws I would deem Bug Village worthy of at least a 3-star rating as a pretty little time waster, but as is it deserves no more than 2-stars. Try Lil' Pirates for a more satisfying micro time-management experience.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:45 PM

I agree with COHAGAN23 This game is nice very expensive to buy coins and acorns and you do not get many up to 100 dollars in some. That is alot of money It should only get a 2 it has nice graphics but that is all. These freedium games are getting out of hand.