★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Localised versions (itunesconnect problem)

04-08-2009, 06:46 AM
#1
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Derby
Posts: 63
Localised versions (itunesconnect problem)

Just noticed that our game, which is in Eng, Fre, Ger, Spa & Ita is showing up as just Eng in iTunes. The app details page just shows (en). I have checked the "Localization" section of iTunesconnect and all the localized text is uploaded and the screen shots and logo are all assigned.... yet they still don't show up in iTunes. I have searched iTunesconnect for an "yes I really want to activate the localized versions I have defined" option but can't find one anywhere.

Anyone help with this? Have I missed an option somewhere to activate localised versions?

Dan Marchant - Biz Dev Bloke Strawdog Studios
Turbo Duck for iPhone/iPod Touch.
04-08-2009, 06:58 AM
#2
Just to confirm, is this an in-game localization, or the app store description localization?

Didev Studios || Twitter || YouTube || Facebook
Releases
GeoSnake || Bugz || Review Scraper (Open Source)

04-08-2009, 07:01 AM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawdog View Post
Just noticed that our game, which is in Eng, Fre, Ger, Spa & Ita is showing up as just Eng in iTunes. The app details page just shows (en). I have checked the "Localization" section of iTunesconnect and all the localized text is uploaded and the screen shots and logo are all assigned.... yet they still don't show up in iTunes. I have searched iTunesconnect for an "yes I really want to activate the localized versions I have defined" option but can't find one anywhere.

Anyone help with this? Have I missed an option somewhere to activate localised versions?
Have you gone into iTunes and switched over to these other countries to check the text directly? If you're only looking at iTunesConnect you're only going to see english text in your confirmation area.

Note some countries (Japan in particular I think) will still show english text even if you visit the Japanese Store in iTunes. Google to read more about that.

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
04-08-2009, 08:21 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
Have you gone into iTunes and switched over to these other countries to check the text directly? If you're only looking at iTunesConnect you're only going to see english text in your confirmation area.

Note some countries (Japan in particular I think) will still show english text even if you visit the Japanese Store in iTunes. Google to read more about that.
In that case, these threads might be helpful:

http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/pr...lizations.html

http://blog.airsource.co.uk/index.ph...localizations/
04-08-2009, 11:55 AM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Derby
Posts: 63
To clarify I am talking about iTunes/iTunesconnect. We have uploaded the localised app blurb in the various languages but when you go to the French iTunes it still shows English in addition iTunesconnect shows the game as (en).

Dan Marchant - Biz Dev Bloke Strawdog Studios
Turbo Duck for iPhone/iPod Touch.
04-08-2009, 12:51 PM
#6
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 430
You have to set the languages you support in the plist file. Then iTunes get's the languages from that.

So even if you localize in Chinese, until you tell the plist it won't show up.

There's a "Localizations" part of info.plist where you add your locs to.

I've made a lot of games. You've played them.
04-08-2009, 01:03 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: App Tech Studios, USA
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippieman View Post
You have to set the languages you support in the plist file. Then iTunes get's the languages from that.

So even if you localize in Chinese, until you tell the plist it won't show up.

There's a "Localizations" part of info.plist where you add your locs to.
Thanks! I think that helps everyone. BTW: You have made a ton of cool games!
04-08-2009, 06:52 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippieman View Post
You have to set the languages you support in the plist file. Then iTunes get's the languages from that.

So even if you localize in Chinese, until you tell the plist it won't show up.

There's a "Localizations" part of info.plist where you add your locs to.
That's not entirely correct, especially in this context.

He's speaking of the iTunes app page - it's not showing the localizations - nothing to do with the actual app itself.

Also, assuming you localize the actual app using the normal method (ie. the country.lproj folder method) you don't need to add anything to the Info.plist file.

Didev Studios || Twitter || YouTube || Facebook
Releases
GeoSnake || Bugz || Review Scraper (Open Source)
04-09-2009, 04:15 AM
#9
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Derby
Posts: 63
Nothing to see here.

Dan Marchant - Biz Dev Bloke Strawdog Studios
Turbo Duck for iPhone/iPod Touch.

Last edited by strawdog; 04-09-2009 at 04:17 AM. Reason: idiocy