★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Color Collider is a wonderfully fun and incredibly challenging physics based puzzle game.

The concept is simple - each level asks you to collect a number of small rubber balls in buckets at the bottom. The balls are stored at the top and await their release. Once you let them go, they will tumble down into the buckets below. Simple? It would be, were it not that many buckets require a specific color, too! To give the little balls their required colors, you need to bounce them off triangular obstacles that you can place freely. These obstacles can be red, yellow or blue, giving you a few options to begin with. As soon as a ball touches one of the colored surfaces, it will transform into that color. These triangles will also split the fall of little balls, allowing you to carefully adjust their flow as they make their way below.
------------------------

Features:
Wicked and rewarding obstacles including black holes, trampolines and more
Sixty finely-crafted levels
25 Gamecenter achievements
27 New Bonus Levels!
------------------------

Check out other awesome games from Capcom including Mega Man® II, Resident Evil®, Smurfs' Village, Capcom Arcade, Zombie Café, Street Fighter® IV, Dead Rising, Devil May Cry refrain, and more.
------------------------

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/BeelineGames
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BeelineGames
Follow us on Youtube: www.youtube.com/BeelineGames

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

04-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Game Impressions

Insta-buy for me in about 5 hours time. I'm sure there will be a few more of you getting this as well but I'll update with impressions anyway

Edit: I actually can't think of much to say about this, but that's not really a bad thing. I've only played the first 10 levels and I know there are some more objects coming into the mix later, but so far you pretty much get what it says on the tin. Looking at the screenshots more or less tells you everything you need to know about the game. You have to get the balls into the correct containers at the bottom by arranging triangles, funnels and other objects which change the colour of the balls as they make contact. Some require a bit of colour mixing but so far it's been really simple, hopefully the difficulty will ramp up a little the more I play.

Quality-wise, all seems good to me. The game performs as well as I could expect, no crashes or slowdowns (though the user a few posts down is reporting crashes so some investigation is in order) and the physics feel believable. The balls don't make any noise as they fall though, that did seem slightly odd but bear in mind they're supposed to be made of rubber, not plastic/metal so I suppose in reality they would be rather quiet.

All-in-all a solid game, nothing outstanding but if you like physics puzzles this is easily worth a dollar.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by MidianGTX; 04-14-2011 at 11:39 AM.

04-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Like Hodapp said, I can never resist a good physics puzzler. This looks great!

Twitter: @back2this
04-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Are there any videos by any chance?
04-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Has anyone else bought this game? All it does is crash on me.
04-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Whoops. I went to bed early and forgot to pick this up, downloading now...

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8equalsd View Post
Has anyone else bought this game? All it does is crash on me.
Works fine for me, iPod Touch 4th gen, 4.3. I did close all of my running apps before starting though, could be a memory issue?

Edit: added impressions to my previous post.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by MidianGTX; 04-14-2011 at 11:38 AM.
04-14-2011, 11:35 AM
I have a 3G, so it must be the hardware
05-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Hey there n8equalsd!

We're sorry to hear about your troubles with CC. The game really works best on a 4G, but were working on optimizing it for all systems and OSs. An update will come soon.
05-25-2011, 02:41 PM
What's New in Version 1.1
Quote:
27 New Bonus Levels!