★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Achievement ideas

04-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Achievement ideas

I need achievement ideas for my game Woolcraft.
Read more at http://www.woolcraft.net

The game includes over 200 levels and the problem (for me now) is that if you solve a puzzle you just got the next puzzle.

I was thinking of a timer, but then realize that you could just go back and solve it again real quick cause you would know how too.

So I am now thinking if you solve all tutorial levels you get one achivement, all easy levels onother one, user created levels for another one and of course the hard ones. And also one for creating a user level in the level editor.

But I need more I think.
So, please help me with this.

If you are really interesting to do some thinking about it I am willing to give a way some Promo Codes.
If you recieve a Promo, please follow this checklist:

- Read through the games homepage http://www.woolcraft.net
- Play through some of the tutorial levels
- Play through some of the easy levels
- Play through some of the hard levels
- Make at least one functional level in the games Level Editor.
If it works it will be published here: Levels of the Woold

...and the most important one. How and where could I have achivements?

Thanks!
04-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
So I am now thinking if you solve all tutorial levels you get one achivement, all easy levels onother one, user created levels for another one and of course the hard ones. And also one for creating a user level in the level editor.
The ones you pointed out are good!
Regarding the timer idea i think it's a good one also!The fact that a player passes a level and turns back to obtain an achievement is a good thing, it just means the player plays your game much longer!Another good idea would be to maybe have levels that are unlocked only after you passed an achievement!You could count the number of moves a player does, and give an achievement, if it is under a given number, you could also have all sorts of treasures hidden, that if a player discovers , gets another achievement..etc
You could have a special scene for all the users achievements, maybe use GameCenter!Of course you should make a messaging system that notifies a user when he passes an achievement!Maybe a little bubble , or a label etc.
Hope it helps!Good luck with your game!

My Twitter:@Tudor

Last edited by MrLeQuack; 04-13-2011 at 05:15 PM.
07-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Achievements and Leaderboard

I finally made some achievements for Woolcraft in verison 1.2:

Tutorial
All of them
Not so easy
The Black Sheep
Secret levels
Making waves
Diamonds are forever
Voter
SheepSaver
Creator of the Woold

I also included a never ending story type of Leaderboard: "Sheep saved"

I did it by OpenFeint cause my plan is to release a Android version too.