★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Wild Frontier -> FREE today!

04-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Wild Frontier -> FREE today!

For those of you who missed it last time it went free, here it is again

Currently Playing (with serious game time): Tiny Wings, Street Fighter IV, Sandstorm, Cat Physics
04-17-2011, 03:49 AM
Just saw that this is free at the moment. Not gonna lie, this is the best KRPG I've played on the platform. A welcome cross between Zelda and Monster Hunter. Spent $0.99 for double the bag space (which I didn't feel bad about since the game was free), and I think I've spent close to 6 hours with this game in the two sittings I've played...woops lol

04-17-2011, 03:52 AM
I don't get it . What about this game do you like it ? I tried it but it wasn't for me . Maybe i was doing something wrong ?

Please support these indie developers for putting in so much effort and making what is known as a hidden gem .

ChaoticBox - Silverfish Cat in a Box Games - Red Conquest!
04-17-2011, 05:26 AM
The story approach is quite different I think it makes worth pick it asap to try it at least a bit some day.
04-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Are the IAP's necessary to fully play through the game? Or are they just options to breeze through the game?
04-17-2011, 12:32 PM
The IAP's are completely unnecessary, they just make it a little easier at points (I.e. Extra bag space). And since it's free, it's worth grabbing even if only to try. As for what's appealing about it, I dig the way the game is about upgrading and customizing via hunting and gathering. And really, I think that's what makes it more unique than the other KRPG's on the market. You aren't trying to make money to buy equipment, you're killing and looting and transmuting to get the mats necessary.

As an example, I'm level 28 right now, but I have upgraded my equipment and put runes in it and was grinding out some level 48+ enemies because I could, haha. If you ever played Monster Hunter, I think you'd understand the appeal of hunting and upgrading in that sense. The level requirement on equipment is the only thing that I dislike, as it does turn down the skill vs grind nob a few nothches, but it wouldn't be a KRPG if there weren't grinding involved.
04-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Downloaded!