★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rooftop Escape (previously "Surviving After Suicide")

04-14-2011, 05:32 AM
Rooftop Escape (previously "Surviving After Suicide")

I don't know if the title makes any sense to you, but it's one of the upcoming game (with retro artwork) from Colorbox Studio, should be out anytime soon.

Some rough concept picture and I will keep you guy posted.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)

Last edited by antony.thai; 04-14-2011 at 05:58 AM.
04-14-2011, 06:02 AM
Sounds interesting... Maybe it's a game where you place obstacles or make the player bounce between different objects so that he lands without dying? XD

My Game Review Blog (iOS and more)

Hot Springs Story Guide and Strategies/Tips thread

04-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer89 View Post
Sounds interesting... Maybe it's a game where you place obstacles or make the player bounce between different objects so that he lands without dying? XD
It's almost the idea dude, I invested a lot of time to make it feel like you are seriously falling, not like other falling games which is slowly but we still have a way to well handle the control. However, it's really challenging.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
04-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
ooh! You've got my interest!
04-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Cool sketch, looking forward to this one.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
04-14-2011, 10:28 PM
WOWW! Another appealing game after one single life, I believe it will be an creative game and want to know the detailed gamedesign.

Things change, roll with punches. But I know, all is gonna come together.
04-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.thai View Post
It's almost the idea dude, I invested a lot of time to make it feel like you are seriously falling, not like other falling games which is slowly but we still have a way to well handle the control. However, it's really challenging.
Kind of reminds me of something, but I can't quite place my finger on it... Oh well, looking forward to the game.

04-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer89 View Post
Kind of reminds me of something, but I can't quite place my finger on it... Oh well, looking forward to the game.
Death Note?
04-14-2011, 11:36 PM
I like dark humor more than most but this crosses over into tasteless. There's no sardonic irony or in-your-face over the top social commentary like in Karoshi; this just looks like filth. It's a little too blunt that without more depth just seems obnoxious. It almost seems like the only selling point is suicide, and I'll admit to being jaded but that alone is no fun. This thread proves developers can post whatever crap they want and Touch Arcade members will cheer them on; but I'd be concerned about marketing to the general population on this one. Don't let me steal your thunder but if you want constructive criticism then consider...
04-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Death Note?
Not really... More like doing stuff to foil someone's actions, or suicide attempts in this case. Now that you mention it, it was probably some manga though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I like dark humor more than most but this crosses over into tasteless. There's no sardonic irony or in-your-face over the top social commentary like in Karoshi; this just looks like filth. It's a little too blunt that without more depth just seems obnoxious. It almost seems like the only selling point is suicide, and I'll admit to being jaded but that alone is no fun. This thread proves developers can post whatever crap they want and Touch Arcade members will cheer them on; but I'd be concerned about marketing to the general population on this one. Don't let me steal your thunder but if you want constructive criticism then consider...
You may be right, or you may be wrong, but considering the only thing we see here is a concept art, that might be a little too harsh. Your points are valid though, just that whether it applies to this game remains to be seen...

Last edited by phazer89; 04-14-2011 at 11:49 PM.