★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Turn based RPGs?

04-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Turn based RPGs?

What turn based RPG's are there for the iPhone?

Back in the days of 1.1.4 i played pokemon on the gameboy emulator and that was an ideal game for the iPhone.
04-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Well, Rogue Touch is turn based... The people who made Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Chunsoft, also makers of Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer) were inspired by the classic Rogue, and we in turn took the classic game and sprinkled some ideas from their games back into Rogue Touch

Some people could argue it's not a full blown RPG, but there's enough magic, monsters, and strategy to keep you going for a *long* time.

Rather than taking my word for it, perhaps someone here who plays it would like to chime in

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!

04-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah, Rogue Touch is the one that immediately sprung to mind. Not what you'd call plot-heavy though, if that's important to you.
04-08-2009, 10:18 AM
TNA Wrestling
04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
I like Rogue Touch and The Quest for turn-based RPG-like games. Both are very well designed and entertaining. Some people have also mentioned that Puzzle Quest can be considered somewhat a turn-based RPG.
04-08-2009, 10:46 AM
PuzzleQuest is my favorite atm.

Game Center: Diligence
04-08-2009, 01:38 PM
You should definitely check out 'The Quest.' Think 'Elder Scrolls.'
04-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
I like Rogue Touch and The Quest for turn-based RPG-like games. Both are very well designed and entertaining. Some people have also mentioned that Puzzle Quest can be considered somewhat a turn-based RPG.
Yeah, Rogue Touch, Puzzle Quest and The Quest are awesome games. Arvale is also turned based but I haven't had much time to play that particular game; others seem to be quite fond of it though.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
04-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Isn't Vay a traditional turn-based RPG too?

And if you are looking into turn-based strategy RPG games, check out Reign of Swords.

Upcoming turn-based strategy games are Mecho Wars (sci-fi/fantasy themed), UniWars (sci-fi), and Agile Forces (looks like an Advanced Wars clone).
04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trylleklovn View Post
What turn based RPG's are there for the iPhone?

Back in the days of 1.1.4 i played pokemon on the gameboy emulator and that was an ideal game for the iPhone.
Try Vay.