★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-14-2011, 07:07 AM
For the fans of previous games here is what the iphone chapter has to offer:
32 new levels
bosses
new art
high rez graphics (if you have retina)
animated monsters
gameplay adjustments based on user feedback from previous titles
double the framerate
gem selection mechanics redone (some levels you can make all types, others a few and others you get staring high level gems of a type but cannot make more)
all new UI for iphone
pause
gamecenter
04-14-2011, 07:14 AM
@midiangtx
Yes. There are 8 gem types which can each be used alone or combined. Want a hybrid splash + slow gem? no problem. Want a poison\stun\crit gem? ok

Combining gems in the best way for each level gets you the best outcome. Also we have a really great xp system and 7 game modes meaning almost limitless leveling playability. levels get you skill points which get you talents. Use your higher level to go farther in the campaign or to beat an advanced mode or to replay an old level and get a better score.

Also GemCraft has an awsome xp system that replaces grinding over and over with personal skill. If you beat a level again, you only get the xp difference of your higher score. replay over and over without doing better doesnt help (other then learning)

Last edited by Greyhoundgames; 04-14-2011 at 07:27 AM.

04-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Cool, thanks. I'm checking out the free version now but it sounds like I might buy the full one pretty soon

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Hmmm... yes, I tried the free version and it is fun indeed. I seem to remember the game from a flash games site, too.

This game also reminds me of a TD already available on the iPhone, where you have to slay dragons by combining gems - but this seems to have different mechanics. Was it "Dragon Slaughter: Fantasy Legend" or something like that? Dunno anymore. But must be, was in a 3-in-1 TD pack.

As I said, the free version gives you a good first impression of what you'll get in the full version and I liked what I saw so far. Best would be that every interested gamer downloads the free version and gives the game a try.

I am also eyeing at the full version but my account was plundered yesterday. Too many releases at the moment... and time to get a new gift card today.

Nonetheless, I am impressed by the courage of the dev, to leave solid ground by quitting his job and instead starting to walk on the AppStores thin ice.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-14-2011 at 07:59 AM.
04-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Thanks I love making games, and not working for the man. You guys are my bosses in a sense now so I am working for the men(and women)
04-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhoundgames View Post
Thanks I love making games, and not working for the man. You guys are my bosses in a sense now so I am working for the men(and women)

No, we are just your humble customers and fans...
(and to be honest - no one would be able to fire you)

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-14-2011, 08:02 AM
I was hoping for it's bigger and better prequel: Gemcraft: Chapter 0, but I guess this is good too.
04-14-2011, 08:05 AM
FYI this isnt a port per say its a new title in the series
04-14-2011, 08:05 AM
guess i be buying this today also.......
04-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Insta-buy! So, just bought it... along with World of Goo... Hot Spings Story, Knights of the Phantom Castle and Rooms on sale... plus Bug Heroes and Vetica that were free today... ouch. Crazy. But this is the one I was expecting the most!!!

Also, first on my list of games to play. I'll post detailed feedback as soon as I can!

And @Greyhoundgames, congrats on the launch and your dedication to your work! I can only wish you more success and exciting projects for the years to come!

Currently playing: Out There, Ledoliel, Doctor Who: Legacy, Sky Force 2014, Canabalt