★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Dave Wright
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 0.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Splitz is a touch-based, minute-long puzzle game whose simplicity hides an addictive just one more go to beat the high score element.

The player touches the ball to split it, spawning up to a maximum of 100 balls. After 20 seconds or if a 100 balls are spawned, a klaxon sounds the flipping over of the balls, to reveal a mix of colored balls and bombs. Touching the colored balls removes them from the screen while scoring points; red balls (1 point), green balls (2 points) and blue balls (3 points). Touching bombs will blow up any balls in the vicinity without scoring points. However, any bombs avoided will add a bonus (10 points) to the final score. A second klaxon sounds the end of the game after 40 seconds, or if all the colored balls have been removed (any time leftover scores a time bonus). A fanfare signals a new high score.

Designed and written by a partially sighted developer, the careful use of colors and fonts should appeal across the board to all age groups, as well as those partially sighted gamers crying out for titles they can play.

gottaa's comments:
Hi All,

I'm the developer of Splitz, a game designed for those on the go people with just a minute to spare (each game only takes one minute). I myself am partially sighted so I have focused also on making it as accessible as possible without making it look down right ugly.

Link to my site (also in my profile)

I will be sorting out some promo codes to give away and will post them up when I have them in this thread.

Dave Wright,
04-08-2009, 10:18 AM
This looks interesting, having read through the description.

Seems my kind of puzzle game - each go is quick and I'm a high score type of guy.

04-09-2009, 03:10 AM
Thanks for that Kramer,

As promised some promo codes for people (ALL USED NOW)

Post up when you use them, (and a little review or your thoughts would be great) I was going to do this via PM's to stop lurkers grabbing them but just too busy as work to do that I'm afraid.

Last edited by gottaa; 04-09-2009 at 06:48 AM.
04-09-2009, 03:12 AM
Thank you! I used LPAXWNPTX36A.
04-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Took pnw. It was crazy too, because I am on my phone so I had to quickly memorize it and enter it into the mobile app store. I'll post impressions tomorrow, thanks for the code.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
04-09-2009, 03:23 AM
I used MNA34ELFPR69.

I'll give it a whirl, then leave you some feedback.

Thanks a lot.
04-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Promo Code

thank you
04-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Stupid lurkers.

All gone. I didn't get one.
04-09-2009, 04:57 AM
Check your PM's shadowboy

That's the last of the promo codes for a while
04-09-2009, 05:22 AM
Initial thoughts!
First of all, very nice dev! Thanks so much for the code!

I just played easy, and it was really hard, but really fun! You have to tap a white ball to make it split, and then continue tapping it & the balls that split from it for 20 seconds, at which point they will turn into colored balls and bombs. You have to pop all of the colored balls while avoiding tapping the bombs. And they move very fast.
Very fun, my only complaints are that there is no way to get to the menu from a game (you must exit to springboard and reopen to, say, go to easy mode) and that there is no multitouch.
The first I believe is kinda major and should be fixed in an update (but that would be easy, right?) and the 2nd is not really necessary, but I think it would add a new level of depth to the game.

Overall, I must say that I would recommend a purchase if you are looking for an app to waste some time with. Especially since you can play a full round in between classes! How cool is that?

On a personal note, by being "partially sighted" do you mean colorblind or poor eyesight or something like that? I suffer from major stigmatism in both eyes, and could see it perfectly, so good job!

Other upgrades I would like to see:
Openfeint leaderboard integration: Its free for you, right gottaa? And that way we could compare high scores
Possible choose a background from your photo album?

EDIT: SUbmitted review to ITUNES - 5 stars.

Last edited by shadowboy; 04-09-2009 at 05:32 AM.