★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mafia Wars - Your Views + Hints And Tips

04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Mafia Wars - Your Views + Hints And Tips

Mafia Wars - Your Views + Hints And Tips

I have to say I am quite engrosed with Mafia Wars ever since discovering it a few days ago. I noticed we didn't have a thread talking about the game so I thought we could talk about it in here. So feel free to say what you feel about the game - what you would like to see added and improved and if you have any hints or tips - that would be good too.

Please DO NOT post your PLAYER ID in this thread - if you wish to be added, then please submit your ID in this thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=9019

If you also want to add your ID into an online database (still growing!) then please submit it here:

http://iphonemafiawarslist.webs.com/

You can also get IDs from the above link too - just click on the link above the submission box.

One thing I would like to know is - how do you get reward points? Exactly what must you do to get them? I couldn't find any info regarding them and thats the one thing I am always lacking.
04-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Awesome app!!!

So far, imo, this is the best game out in the genre. The polish is niiiiice. All the other mafia type games are just plain...ugly. This has some nice shine on it and with lots of apps in this genre the sleek look make it stand out for sure. If your even kind of interested in the mafia type games you MUST get this, it is that good.

Well, lets just hope they dont release paid crap. Seems like EVERY mafie type game has done this, and soon after the game is just ruined. I expect them to release some paid stuff, but lets just hope that if they do, they do it smart and dont break the game :]

/2 cents

04-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Agreed, definitely the best mafia game in the app store, no competition.
I can now understand why it's the most popular game on Facebook.
Do they have a paid version on Facebook as well? If so, then I would expect them to bring it to the app store, but as mentioned above, as long as it doesn't break the game, I'm cool with it.
Sure wish I had an iphone so I can play this constantly rather than having to take a break every 1.5 hours from work....
04-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Where's the Facebook Connect in this version, dammit! The other Zynga apps seem to have it incorporated.
04-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by app-inured View Post
Where's the Facebook Connect in this version, dammit! The other Zynga apps seem to have it incorporated.
Doesn't seem to be here yet...

I have 2 questions:
There is no bank to stash your money right?

Is there a way to buy multiple properties at the same time so the price doesn't go up like other mafia games? If so, how?
04-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Well you know what is going to happen. Zynga will do what they did for their Poker - they will sell this game in a 100k version for $10 (for example) - so you start with $100,000 allowing you to buy bigger items earlier and also may have extra health/stamina points etc.
04-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsum View Post
Well you know what is going to happen. Zynga will do what they did for their Poker - they will sell this game in a 100k version for $10 (for example) - so you start with $100,000 allowing you to buy bigger items earlier and also may have extra health/stamina points etc.
I pray not. That would just be a disaster and people would bully others like the other mafia games.
04-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
Doesn't seem to be here yet...

I have 2 questions:
There is no bank to stash your money right?

Is there a way to buy multiple properties at the same time so the price doesn't go up like other mafia games? If so, how?
I can't do that with my other MMO games, so it sucks it works the same way in Mafia Wars.

I wonder why there is no bank.

Anyway, I think it's the best mafia game by far! One of the best MMO games in the app store. I think this and Vampires Live are the best so far.
04-08-2009, 01:50 PM
ok so two things im trying to figure out atm..

1. How do the reward points work? I used all mine, then like 10 mins later i seem to have like 40+ points again. I havnt been able to pin down what gives you reward points..

2. I know that for combat it says that you buy weapons, and then your members will use the best weapon possible. Yet it seems you can buy mass ammounts of weapons, regardless how many ppl you have, and your power lvl and defense lvl values go up still. So when you go into combat will you actually only attack for an ammount depending on how many ppl you have? (so actually not attacking to your fullest potential since you have extra weapons not being used?) Or does it use your total damage and defense values (so like only have 1 person in your mafia yet you own 230983453 guns and have insane power)?

sorry if the wording on that is confusing, im trying :P
04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
ok nvm about question one, I pinned it to you gettin gpoints for ppl inviting you to thier mafia. Still wondering about my second question.

now, if i didnt get so many 'unlucky breaks' when fighting i'd be in bizzness!