★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: RVO is a persistent online game taking place in a universe where 4 factions are at war. Choose a class, train your abilities, and work together to achieve the unthinkable.

** Join us as we celebrate our first year! **

** Download today and receive an extra ship with boosted stats! **

User Comments:
- "The devs did an awesome job building a player-centric world instead of one which merely serves to siphon cash from your wallets. Highly recommended."
- "This game is in it's own league of it's genre and it has the support of the devs."
- "Unique gameplay. Possibly enough to remove itself from the genre..."
- "... a wonderful, solid game."
- "There really isn't any game quite like it in the app store..."
- "The community is great, and it's still really young. It reeeeeally tests the strategic side of my brain. And I love that."
- "Is anyone elses partner starting dislike RVO? Mine says she was worried I might be having an affair to start with, because I'm always checking my phone!"
- "I came in after randomly looking at RPG games based off of release date just to see if anything cool came out. I haven't needed to pay for an iPhone game app since, so I'd say the $3 price is a HUGE value."
- "Great update. The improvements to speed and stability are impressive, and I already considered this app fast beforehand."
- "I like that RVO consumed my life the last three days while I was strategizing how to try and keep [Kinrat Beta V]. That is why I love it. That battle was intense. I also love the community here. Our team was really into it also and I think that is why we held the planet for so long."
- "Never before has an iOS game sucked me in like this. I just realized I've been playing for six weeks, and I'm playing more frequently now than I did in the beginning. RVO definitely passes my litmus test of a great game, which is why I'm giving it 5-stars."
- "...I can't put it down. I absolutely love this game. This game is only getting better and better and I look forward to a long tenure in this game."

Features:
- Choose a class: Soldier, Engineer, or Special Ops.
- Spend points on abilities like Nuke, Sabotage, and Laser Barrage.
- Conquer Planets to help your empire control the universe.
- Train skills to help you achieve your goals.
- Complete Missions and level up.
- Build factories, resource gatherers, and orbital cannons.
- Craft items and sell them on the marketplace (where other players can buy them).
- Equip your ship with weapons, shields, armor and other items.
- Work with and against other players.
- Earn achievements.
- HD graphics/Retina display support.
- In-game friend list.
- In-game messaging system.
- Leaderboards.
- Tutorial.
- Push notifications.
- Game Center.

This game is not about cheap thrills and instant gratification, but about long-term satisfaction without having to spend a lot of time micro-managing. This is a game you'll be playing for months! Join the RVO community and have fun :)

Recently Added - all for FREE:
- New missions and a higher level cap.
- Moved to better, faster server.
- All new interface.
- All new combat system (classes, abilities), jointly designed with the community.
- Game Center.

This is an online game and a 3G or WiFi connection is required. An Apple Game Center account is also required.

If you have any issues registering in-game, please contact support.

We reward good bug reports and feedback with in-game credits, XP, resources and more! Contact us at support@tangentworlds.com and visit the official game forums at RogueVertex.com

Screenshot of icon with words embedded (below) was created using WordFoto for iOS.

Royce's comments:
This is nice casual space MMO. There are no subscriptions or IAPs.

08-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Rogue Vertex Online (v3.0.0) - Space MMO gains classes and abilities

As of last night, RVO 3.0.0 is live. It features classes (Soldier, Engineer, Special Ops) each with unique special abilities like Nuke, Sabotage, and Assassinate. The combat overhaul was designed on our forums with the community.

Tangent Worlds is a two-man team and we've supported RVO consistently since launching in January. We have 67 reviews worldwide, with an average of 4.5 stars out of 5.

Check it out

- Brian

Tangent Worlds - Drawn To Kill Now Available For iPad.