★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: JCE
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 36.1 MB
  • Version: 1.13
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: ## We offer 10 'Stars' in this version.
## Feel free to add 'RuleTheSky','hellokitty', 'SnowWhite' to your friend list for better game play, if you are new to this game and cannot find any friend,

Rule the Sky, a Social Network Game (SNG), where you can care and rule your own floating island in the sky called 'Flotia' with your friends.

ATTRACTIVE CONCEPT:
Floating island in the sky: Unique concept of a floating island, no more square blocks.

INTERESTING FACTORS:
- Contemplative game play through building and controlling your own floating island

- Co-op game play through social interaction

LOADED WITH FEATURES:

- Language Support :English, Korean, Japanese and Chinsese (Simplified and Traditional)

- More than 80 new buildings and decorations to grow your Flotia

- Make rain to fertilize your farm

- Managing and expanding your own Flotia by farming, building, decorating and socially networking with your friends.

- Social network with your friends: Favoring for more rewards and Taking care of friends farms and/or fruit trees not to be rotten and to protect them from being stolen from other users.

- Leaderboard System: Check your ranking to the NEST

- The 'little bits' of fun: Time (day and night) system based on Location based services, Unique concepts of NPC and their reactions, Raining through a cloud, and Castle & Territory upgrade system.

NEST
- Our own unique mobile social gaming platform to find your friends

- Searching for your friends from other Social Network Service such as Facebook.

PLEASE NOTES
Online Game: internet connection(3G+ or Wifi) is required
FACEBOOK : http://www.facebook.com/rulethesky
Email: gkmobile@joycity.com
04-15-2011, 06:06 PM
One more thing...

The NEST is a global network which enables Rule the Sky players on different platforms in different parts of the world to play together. Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK4j3W2NUj4

04-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Hey wensler!

Man, you beat me to the punch -- thanks for posting some basic info about our newest game!

Rule the Sky just got released to all world regions. We were testing it a bit and ironing out the bugs in some test markets in China, Korea, and Thailand (that's part of the reason why you'll see most Nest users are from those countries. )

I'd like to add a easy-to-watch video player and some more screenshots from the game!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Have any of y'all tried it yet?
We would love to hear your impressions!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rule-the-Sky-iPad.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	32196  

Last edited by GameKiss; 04-16-2011 at 07:57 PM.
04-18-2011, 02:04 AM
Rising up the charts

Hey all, we shot up to #30 so far on the U.S. App Store (4/17/2011) !

But there aren't any comments about this game?

Where is everyone?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rule-the-sky-is-#29-on-top-free-games-for-4.18.2011.png
Views:	5
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	32236  

Last edited by GameKiss; 04-18-2011 at 02:50 AM.
04-18-2011, 02:54 AM
Just noticed Wensler's iTunes link is for the New Zealand iTunes store. Here's the one for the U.S. App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rule-the-sky/id417350268?mt=8
04-18-2011, 04:49 PM
good game

i've played this game (at level 21 now)

love the cute graphics and music and doing favors and such

add me! jinu58
04-18-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm enjoying the game, having trouble finding friends except through the leaderboards and everything is already used up in their Flotia's.

Feel free to add me:

torosama and
torosan

Could use the help, seems like a fun gun.
04-19-2011, 02:35 AM
no friends, so sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by torosama View Post
I'm enjoying the game, having trouble finding friends except through the leaderboards and everything is already used up in their Flotia's.
Hey Torosama! Thanks for checking in!

You're right, it seems hard to find friends in the beginning if you don't know anyone's names to add. We need to find a way to fix that.

Did you see the message in the game's description about adding the following people as starter friends? These 3 people have tons of friends that you can dig through and add:

RuleTheSky
hellokitty
SnowWhite

I myself tend to look through their friends and try to find people who aren't Korean (LOL there's too many because the game was first tested in Korea ) or anyone with a cool-looking avatar!

Oh yeah, and wait for the label that says "Favor" or "Care" when you open your friend bar at the bottom. That will tell you that you can visit their Flotia and take care of their crops or do some work in their shops!
04-19-2011, 02:52 PM
After trying out this game, here are my thoughts. For a freemium game, I really like the fantasy-ish setting (much better than a modern setting or farm setting to me). But, the first thing I always want to know when I play a new freemium game is, does the game have a spoiling mechanic? (ie. do my crops rot if I don't pick them fast enough?) Unfortunately, RtS does and that will prevent me from continuing to play after awhile. I CBF to log in every few hours to make sure my stuff doesn't spoil. I would like to play this game for fun, not as a part-time job.

I also think adding retina display support would be nice, as well as the addition of Game Center achievements. Sometimes it can get boring just clicking in order to churn gold into more gold, so achievements would give players goals to work towards. I think you guys have a really nice game here, but you're alienating a lot of players by not allowing people to play on their own time, rather than the game's time.
04-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Good thoughts by Dazarath

Hey Dazarath! Thx so much for taking the time to offer your opinions and impressions. Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
does the game have a spoiling mechanic? (ie. do my crops rot if I don't pick them fast enough?) Unfortunately, RtS does and that will prevent me from continuing to play after awhile. I CBF to log in every few hours to make sure my stuff doesn't spoil. I would like to play this game for fun, not as a part-time job.
Ha ha, yeah! Playing some games take so much work that it does feel like a freaking part-time job! This happens a lot with Asian-style MMOs (massively multiplayer games in the same genre as World of Warcraft) where Western players do not like an intense grind in order to complete the end-game goals.

With Rule the Sky, the crop spoilage is mediated somewhat because your friends on Nest can actually revive your crops several times if they're working on your island. I've had it happen where I log into the game, thinking that I blew it with the harvest time, only to be pleasantly surprised that several friends on Nest have kept the crops alive.

Have you tried adding friends on Nest? I wish I could tell you about this more, but I myself cannot play the game after the latest update (on 4/18/2011) -- I could play the game the week before! So frustrating !! (I bet my 1st gen iPod Touch is getting too old to handle games like this...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
I also think adding retina display support would be nice, as well as the addition of Game Center achievements. Sometimes it can get boring just clicking in order to churn gold into more gold, so achievements would give players goals to work towards. I think you guys have a really nice game here, but you're alienating a lot of players by not allowing people to play on their own time, rather than the game's time.
Retina-quality graphics and achievements are really good suggestions. I'll pass them along to the game development team! I think iPad-specific support is coming (along with an Android release.)

Let me know about other issues so we can make it better! Also, add me!! (HukNorris on Nest)

Last edited by GameKiss; 04-19-2011 at 04:42 PM.