★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Great Little War Game HD v1.3 Update - Looking for Beta Testers

04-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Great Little War Game HD v1.3 Update - Looking for Beta Testers

Just a heads up. We're working on adding various features to GLWG right now. Pass & Play Multiplayer and a reworked front end probably being the most noticeable and should be out soonish.

Skirmish and achievements are coming next, and then we'll be considering the implications of writing a server for handling asynchronous multiplayer.

If anyone wants to get on a beta test for the pass & play and all the other stuff going into v1.3, please get in touch via the email in my sig.

Thanks!
04-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Can't give a definitive list yet as we're still cramming stuff in.

What we want testing properly is the new front end and any gameplay issues in the new pass & play. Is it fun? What could be better? etc. Of course for that you need a friend to play it with.

We've had many games here and it's great, but we've learned the hard way that we miss stupid things because we've been staring at them too long.

04-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Awesome news. I'd love to beta test this, missed out on the first one but I guess at least I could play the finished game on a clean slate, so to speak. I don't think I'll be playing much pass & play though, but I could test the skirmish update. Will it be in 1.4 instead?

My Game Review Blog (iOS and more)

Hot Springs Story Guide and Strategies/Tips thread
04-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Regarding skirmish update, I just don't know yet tbh. We need to tweak the AI to become more aware of certain things, but the AI programmer is currently working on a long overdue upgrade of all our shader stuff.

(the ipad 2 version is going to look nails when that's done, as an apology to early adopters who had problems with the game before the firmware update).
04-15-2011, 10:35 AM
No worries, just pointing out my interest for a skirmish beta.

The campaign is fun enough, and I haven't bought the IAP actually, so that'll be more time spent. The screenshot certainly looks promising though!

My Game Review Blog (iOS and more)

Hot Springs Story Guide and Strategies/Tips thread
04-15-2011, 11:31 AM
thanks for all the hard work you're putting into making this game as great as it can be. It's really appreciated.
04-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post

As to marketing advice, we'll take any you have for us.
Well, Rubicon, not sure if I've seen any developer do this, but put in a tip jar in the application. IAP that essentially gives you nothing, but lets me reward you, as a developer, because I love the game so much, or because I appreciate you wading through forums and interacting with your user base.

I'd be very interested in seeing how big of a revenue stream you could get from something like that.
04-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Heh, I do like that in theory. I've seen a few pc/mac indie games have a pay what you want sale which is similar.

One good point he did make though is not so much about price but about reach. Not cracked that one yet, though we did get a fairly good 3 line review in a national newspaper here.
04-15-2011, 04:49 PM
@Rubicon: QQ - I was googling around, and just wanted to verify with you that iPad 2 crashes that were reported on this earlier are fixed with the 4.3.2 firmware?