★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

RPG games

04-15-2011, 08:48 AM
RPG games

i am looking for some good rpg games, im not rich so ones that arent to expensive wuld be nice. I like the turn based ones but also ones like zenonia 2, so any like that would be good. Just name any of them that you can think of and ill look for all of them because i really need a good game.
04-15-2011, 08:55 AM
If you want something that's good, cheap, and has a lot of content, and seeing how you like turn-based RPGs, check out Monster RPG 2. Across Age is another personal favorite of mine, and it's very reasonable and easy to get into, and has lots of puzzling if you are into that sort of thing.

My personal recommendation for a good starter is Secret of Mana, but that's a little more expensive (you just missed the sale, unfortunately).

Just for general recommendations, my favorites are probably Mission Europa, Final Fantasy III, The Quest, Chaos Rings, and Crimson Gem Saga, in no particular order.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

04-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrocks309 View Post
i am looking for some good rpg games, im not rich so ones that arent to expensive wuld be nice. I like the turn based ones but also ones like zenonia 2, so any like that would be good. Just name any of them that you can think of and ill look for all of them because i really need a good game.

Try Itarus. Really good, Action RPG, $2.99.
Next on my list would be Wild Frontier, 0.99$. A very good Action RPG.
SEED 1 Normal Edition is free, try that and see if you like it. Was full priced before.
And Queens Crown, $0.99 sale atm, if I am right.

There's also a free version of Inotia 3: Children Of Carnia out. That'll be priced at 3 bucks.

And a really good and free Action RPG is Demon Hunter: Full Version.
Ads are not distracting, only pop up in main menu, afaik.

But if you like to have 35+ hours of fun: Crimson Gem Saga. A JRPG at full price, but the mass of content makes it worth it.

Monster RPG 2: JRPG for a buck with lots of content, too.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-15-2011 at 09:02 AM.
04-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Oh, and also, pretty good ones that are currently free: Undercroft and Wild Frontier.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
04-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Try Itarus. Really good, Action RPG, $2.99.
Next on my list would be Wild Frontier, 0.99$. A very good Action RPG.
SEED 1 Gold Edition is free, try that and see if you like it. Was full priced before.
And Queens Crown, $0.99 sale atm, if I am right.

There's also a free version of Inotia 3: Children Of Carnia out. That'll be priced at 3 bucks.

And a really good and free Action RPG is Demon Hunter: Full Version.
Ads are not distracting, only pop up in main menu, afaik.
You liked Itarus, Vovin?

Actually, I think Inotia 3 is on sale for 99 cents at the moment as well.

04-15-2011, 09:01 AM
My personal favourite ... Galaxy on Fire 2 . Pretty not cheap ... >.>

Wild Frontier is a good KRPG but I don't like it . But I think it's now free .

Queen's crown seems pretty good too .

Never got to try other RPGs because they're really expensive ... *stares at Mission Europa , FF3 , Chaos rings*

edit : the sale for inotia 3 has ended already , in the Singapore store at least .

Please support these indie developers for putting in so much effort and making what is known as a hidden gem .

ChaoticBox - Silverfish Cat in a Box Games - Red Conquest!
04-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYJ View Post
edit : the sale for inotia 3 has ended already , in the Singapore store at least .
Right you are, it is now $4.99.

04-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post

Just for general recommendations, my favorites are probably Mission Europa, Final Fantasy III, The Quest, Chaos Rings, and Crimson Gem Saga, in no particular order.
I second this!
04-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
You liked Itarus, Vovin?

Actually, I think Inotia 3 is on sale for 99 cents at the moment as well.

Yes, why? It was quite cool.

Wild Frontier free? Grab it!

And there is ASH - JRPG mechanics and an outstanding story. Price: 4 bucks.

But if you really like turn-based most, I'd stick to Crimson Gem Saga.
Get used to the controls and you'll have a full console experience.
Or MRPG2 for a buck.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-15-2011 at 09:10 AM.
04-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Oh and I really like Illusia . Sidescrolling 2D maple clone but better than the original maplestory by nexon . However , there is this one quest that is extremely cumbersome . Other than that , the rest of the game is really good .

Please support these indie developers for putting in so much effort and making what is known as a hidden gem .

ChaoticBox - Silverfish Cat in a Box Games - Red Conquest!