★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: SplitApple -- amazingly great archery game

04-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
SplitApple -- amazingly great archery game

Bought this based on a gut feeling and love of archery games, and am delighted to discover we have a new gem in the App Store. If you have any interest in archery games, you will love this one. Highly recommended. This borders on being a work of art, not to mention lots of fun.
04-15-2011, 11:33 PM
This is an okay game but it lack options. Graphics and gameplay are decent but the limited one player tournament and time trial won't keep people interested for long.

Also on the iPad I am finding the tilt only aiming controls to be a little challenging.

04-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Respectful disagreement

After playing this game frequently over the past 24 hours, I respectfully disagree with Bazookatime's post. I've bought many games from the App Store that were fun for an hour, and then never enticed me to return to them. The fun factor of this game hasn't diminished, largely because it is skill-based and I feel motivated to keep improving on my high scores. I have been in the habit of posting on this forum only when I feel a need to warn fellow gamers about poor quality games, or to share my enthusiasm about innovative and enjoyable games. The creativity and artistry displayed by this game's developer warrants their widespread exposure, which is why I am reposting and bumping this thread.
04-19-2011, 03:34 AM
Wow, that's a cool archery game!

This game really reminds me of the wii sports resorts archery part. For the gameplay at last as the graphics are so much better on the iPad! Controls are very intuitive and it takes no more than a minute to shoot an arrow in the bulls eye. I'm looking forward to have an update with some more content. Anyway this is definitely a very good start.
My tournament score: 193 (on 210)

Here is a video I did on iPad

Last edited by Viggary; 04-19-2011 at 08:24 AM.
04-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the video. This is now pretty high on my to buy list.

I can just imagine the developer taking this further with moving targets.
04-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by xStatiCa View Post
Thanks for the video. This is now pretty high on my to buy list.

I can just imagine the developer taking this further with moving targets.
I wouldn't rely solely on your imagination if I were you

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-03-2011, 05:41 AM
High score on splitapple time trial / challenge

Hiya - I'm completely hooked on this game - my best score on time trial was the highest in the world for quite a while - 1545 but somehow people are now getting 2300+ - I can shoot nearly 250 arrows in the time allowed (with getting the apples in the trees) - if I got 10 every time I'd get 2500. I'd love to know how people are getting such good scores?

Anyway I've been talking to one of the developers and see sneak previews of the moving targets and blockers....its looking good!
06-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Wow, the graphics look killer. What are the planned updates? I love the splitApple concept; could you maybe shoot a teddy bear or flowerpot off of a windowsill, shoot out a car tire, or nail a bird in flight? Seems like that would be an excellent gimmick.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
06-03-2011, 10:27 AM
How does this compare to the fantastic Bowmaster?

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs
06-03-2011, 02:26 PM
I only have bowmaster but what I like about that game is that your view is more directly behind the arrow. This game seems to have your view to one side of the player. I wonder how that affects aiming. It seems more logical to me to have the camera view directly behind the arrow for aiming purposes. I wonder if that is an option in the game settings or something.