★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Good Platform Games?

04-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Good Platform Games?

Hey, I am working on my own Platform game for the iphone and touch platforms. I have played a lot of games that replicate Mario or Sonic and the classic platform games but nothing that reallys takes the platform mechanics forward on the cool new devices - tbh Doddle Jump is only game I played that really takes platforms games and does something suited to smartphones!

Any reccomendations on games I should check out?
04-16-2011, 07:21 AM
League of Evil .

Pix'n love rush .

Soosiz

Rolando 1 and 2

Robot wants kitty

Perfect cell .

wrong section btw .

Please support these indie developers for putting in so much effort and making what is known as a hidden gem .

ChaoticBox - Silverfish Cat in a Box Games - Red Conquest!

04-16-2011, 07:24 AM
which section should I be in?

hmm pix n rush I like, League of Evil is awesome but the controls are too standard....they condense platform action into small levels but they dont really changes things up.

Rolando & soosiz though, they are awesome well reminded will go play them some more!

Never heard of robot wants kitty, certainly an interesting name. think I will give it a download.
04-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Why do people always forget about Frogatto? Best platformer on the platform.

I am so omniscient; if there were to be two omniscience's
I would be both!
04-16-2011, 07:31 AM
if you dont mind me asking, what do you look for or like in a platform game on your iphone / touch?

For me I like the games that do something different, the ones like rolando that take classic platform game level design and do something new.

What makes Frogatto the best?
04-16-2011, 07:55 AM
LoE is known for its very very responsive controls and the pretty damn insane difficulty at the end but some managed to complete it them all .

Take note that for RwK , Raptisoft is planning to properly build their server for sharing maps (There is a map creation) and it'd take a while , approx. a month according to them .

What I like in platform games is that I can pick up and play them for short periods of time . However most of the times , I get so immersed in the game that I forget about the time .

Please support these indie developers for putting in so much effort and making what is known as a hidden gem .

ChaoticBox - Silverfish Cat in a Box Games - Red Conquest!
04-16-2011, 08:05 AM
ahahah please stop writing these redundant threads "Best platformer games" or "Good platform games" or "Suggest me a platform game" or whatever.
Please!
Let's search on google page for "best platformer games toucharcade"...u will be satisfied!

I love this world!
04-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Pizza boy.

Battleheart Legacy - Class attribute matrix - Location and how to unlock all class trainers - (also work in progress of listing of all skills and stat requirements): http://goo.gl/XP2Afi
Crimsonheart uniques and preybird coordinates spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/wG9rgA
04-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoTank View Post
if you dont mind me asking, what do you look for or like in a platform game on your iphone / touch?

For me I like the games that do something different, the ones like rolando that take classic platform game level design and do something new.

What makes Frogatto the best?
It's quite long, has great graphics (if you like the retro style), it's polished and, simply the most fun to play.

I am so omniscient; if there were to be two omniscience's
I would be both!
04-16-2011, 10:09 AM

Soosiz is the best one i've played so far... haven't played many of the other ones mentioned here like rolando, but i hear they're good.