★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

No 2nd Gen support for Great Little War Game!!

04-17-2011, 05:30 AM
No 2nd Gen support for Great Little War Game!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
I was really looking foward to this game, but then I found out my device (2G iTouch)is not supported !! I REALLY hope that Rubicon adds support, because this game looks EPIC!! Although Rubicon said the framerate was choppy, I would be happy for a little lag, or just a graphical cut-down. PLEASE add support Rubicon- GLWG LOOKS EPIC!!
04-17-2011, 05:53 AM
Support is unlikely to come,

Games are now so high in graphics that smaller and less powerful devices cant use them.

If dev's where to include these devices the graphics are likely to be less impressive on other devices.

This was avoided though with real racing 2 where less powerful devices got a different file that had less graphics then the file for Ipod/Iphones 3/4

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

04-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post

Games are now so high in graphics that smaller and less powerful devices cant use them.

If dev's where to include these devices the graphics are likely to be less impressive on other devices.

This was avoided though with real racing 2 where less powerful devices got a different file that had less graphics then the file for Ipod/Iphones 3/4
untrue! I messaged the Devs at release and they said support was coming at a later date! Hopefully they keep their promise!

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
04-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
untrue! I messaged the Devs at release and they said support was coming at a later date! Hopefully they keep their promise!
yup in the thread he said that it was probably coming, but it's pretty low on the list. There's a major ipad2 bug and pass and play multiplayer and skirmish mode are coming soon. The wait might be a while, but it'll probably come.

im back guys!
04-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
Not exactly he could be doing the same as what firemint did. Make it a different file.

App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
04-17-2011, 05:50 PM
If MC2:BP can, why not GLWG?

Quote:

Although I agree with you, many developers have been able to make high quality games run on older iPhones/iTouches, Such as Modern Combat 2 (performance was slightly lost with the newest update though).
MC2:BP's graphics are (in my opinion) BETTER than GLWG's.(no affence, Rubicon)
I think because GLWG has quite simple visuals(not bad, but simple), It would be possible to make the game run on older iPhones/iTouches-although there would probably need to be slightly worse graphics.
04-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
Although I agree with you, many developers have been able to make high quality games run on older iPhones/iTouches, Such as Modern Combat 2 (performance was slightly lost with the newest update though).
MC2:BP's graphics are (in my opinion) BETTER than GLWG's.(no affence, Rubicon)
I think because GLWG has quite simple visuals(not bad, but simple), It would be possible to make the game run on older iPhones/iTouches-although there would probably need to be slightly worse graphics.
There are 2 different game files for MC2,

04-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Quote:
There are 2 different game files for MC2,
LOL. Didn't know. Soz!!
04-18-2011, 03:43 PM
(-) (-)
______

Thank God I just got a 3rd gen ipod touch a month ago.

Plus and Openfeint Accounts: Snowdude11
04-18-2011, 06:04 PM
o.o good lord, support for 2nd gen is gonna stop any minute now, they can't keep supporting older gens if they want the upgrade the quality of the games.... time to upgrade dude.