★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Develop for Android too same time?

04-17-2011, 07:41 AM
#1
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 127
Develop for Android too same time?

So if I launch a game on Iphone should I get it done already for Android same time and launch in case someone steals it as in the Cut the Rope incident?

Also can you run a game like Words with Friends individually without setting up a company and hiring programmer?
04-17-2011, 08:25 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodler View Post
So if I launch a game on Iphone should I get it done already for Android same time and launch in case someone steals it as in the Cut the Rope incident?

Also can you run a game like Words with Friends individually without setting up a company and hiring programmer?

what?

04-17-2011, 09:31 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 127
Do most people do Iphone game first then Android?

THe other question can a single person run a game such as Words with Friends without having to hire a programmer?

Last edited by Noodler; 04-17-2011 at 09:40 AM.
04-17-2011, 09:39 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodler View Post
Do most people do Iphone game first then Android?

THe other question can a single person run a game such as Words with Friends without having to hie a programmer?

most "people" do not to android at all.. and the choice of platform release is pretty unimportant..

and are you still flipping your 5 dollars of cash to make a new wordgame?

or what do you mean with "run".. you know you press on the games icon and it runs automatically... so no special people needed.. but..if you mean develope..

if you can programm you don't need a programmer... if you can't well obviously you need one..?

can you repair a car? no , well then you need a car mechanic.. obviously..

can you remove your ill kidney? not.. well then you need a doctor.. obviously..
04-17-2011, 09:41 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 127
You are very insightful as ever Mr Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
most "people" do not to android at all.. and the choice of platform release is pretty unimportant..

and are you still flipping your 5 dollars of cash to make a new wordgame?

or what do you mean with "run".. you know you press on the games icon and it runs automatically... so no special people needed.. but..if you mean develope..

if you can programm you don't need a programmer... if you can't well obviously you need one..?

can you repair a car? no , well then you need a car mechanic.. obviously..

can you remove your ill kidney? not.. well then you need a doctor.. obviously..
04-17-2011, 09:49 AM
#6
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,674
and most of your writing makes no sense, like always..

probably you want to try to formulate youre questions more precise.


so how is your word game coming along? beta version coming soon?
04-17-2011, 09:54 AM
#7
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
and most of your writing makes no sense, like always..

probably you want to try to formulate youre questions more precise.


so how is your word game coming along? beta version coming soon?
I have to save 5 thousand or so dollars to get someone to do it
04-17-2011, 10:34 AM
#8
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 454
Ok as far as the cut the rope copy that an android developer made , was pirated the same day as it was released. The man never made really money on the game.
See on android you dont need to jailbreak to pirate. All you need to do is download and install one click process. Thats why android developers dont make anywhere near the amount apple developers make.
04-17-2011, 10:48 AM
#9
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,674
the android market is a hugely fragemented market, with dozens of devices, os versions and different app stores.. to making money there is tenfold more difficulty than on iOS, good luck with that.
04-17-2011, 11:14 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
the android market is a hugely fragemented market, with dozens of devices, os versions and different app stores.. to making money there is tenfold more difficulty than on iOS, good luck with that.
Thanks both

I did read a few things about the free games put ads around them they make quite a lot with a lot of players