★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rasta Monkey on sale...AGAIN! $.99c

04-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Rasta Monkey on sale...AGAIN! $.99c

Rasta Monkey is on sale once again.. idk for how long so pick up this game now!
04-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by King Juice View Post
Rasta Monkey is on sale once again.. idk for how long so pick up this game now!
Ah crap lol another purchase for me, didnt get it before cause lite version wasnt out. Judging by lite its ok game but wouldnt pay more then a buck for it right now. But they are committed to improving the game and adding content so it was worth picking up for a dollar.

04-08-2009, 05:32 PM
plus i hear the dev is adding new levels soon
04-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by spiffyone View Post
Wonder why they went with the sale?

From a gamers standpoint, okay, those who wouldn't have paid more than a buck will now get it, but from a business standpoint...I question the move.

I mean...they were top 20 in the paid game charts without the sale...so why fell the need for a sale now? Obviously the lite version was working, as sales had increased quite a bit since the lite release...and at $2.

Again, as a gamer, I recommended the game at $2, and so I'll recommend it at $1, but in terms of business...it's another one of those headscratching moves that I see all too often with iTouch/Phone devs.
I too, was curious about this decision. The devs just dubbed the sale as "Special Ridiculous Price $0.99"
04-08-2009, 06:37 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with how unorganized the App Store really is. If your app isn't in the top seller list, chances are you're not making much money. Even though they need 3x as many sales to make the same amount of money, more sales equals higher ranking which equals (you guessed it) more sales.

It may seem like a strange move, but I think it'll keep sales strong.
04-08-2009, 06:41 PM
But it's a weird move because it might ruin the momentum. Usually sales are introduced when their position in the chart is going down or out of top 50, eg: Fieldrunners.

As spiffyone said, they were going up, so why the need for sale?

Maybe noam has an answer?

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
04-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
Its a good game. Its basically the game to get if you dont want to pay $5 for sway. Its a bit short and frustrating
04-08-2009, 06:54 PM
The needed to use the sale to boost their rankings again.

According to AppShopper.com, their rank is dropping rapidly. They should leave it at $.99 and just make it up in volume, much like Flight Control.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
04-08-2009, 07:43 PM
I got this on the last sale and it's a good game. The dev said an update is coming out and this game really needs an update. Not for the gameplay but to sharpen the graphics and some other things. If you haven't gotten it yet there's no reason not to, especially for only a buck.
04-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi Guys,
I just saw this thread, so here is an explanation for you.
A lot of the people who bought the game felt it was too short as it is now, so we decided that we keep the price at 1$ until more content (levels) will be added. This market is changing very rapidly so you cant really plan those things in advance and you have to stay tuned and respond to customers feedback all the time.
Also, from our perspective, since it's our first game, it's much more important for us to get as many players to play the game and give us input (which will make us understand better what you guys like or don't like). We think that your input is now way more valuable to us than short term revenue because we really want to get even better as a gaming company and give more value to players which we believe will improve our long term revenues.
I hope this makes sense, feel free to ask more questions