★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Stack-it!

11-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Stack-it!

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294822297&mt=8

Has anyone tried this game? If so, how do you play, and is it worth getting?

Thanks in Advance
11-02-2008, 11:50 PM
I've played it a little. it's a well polished game. The controls are a bit imprecise give the perspective view, making it easy to place pieces in the wrong spot. which can be a little frustrating.

I haven't really formed a big opinion on it otherwise yet

arn

11-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294822297&mt=8

Has anyone tried this game? If so, how do you play, and is it worth getting?

Thanks in Advance
I also own the game. I bought it thinking it was gonna be like the "stack it" in the arcade. It's not the same. In the arcade version, the moving blocks to be stacked get quicker as you build up towards the top. In this version, although it "looks" like the arcade version, it plays differently. It maintains the same speed all the way to the top, and speeds up as you finish the "levels". In other words, level one is slow, level two is a little quicker, level three is quicker, and so on....this one is "ok" but not as good as the arcade version! The arcade transitions on 1 level, and keeps you coming back for more cause it's nearly impossible to stack it to the top.

Last edited by RayZa; 11-03-2008 at 12:30 AM.
11-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZa View Post
I also own the game. I bought it thinking it was gonna be like the "stack it" in the arcade. It's not the same. In the arcade version, the moving blocks to be stacked get quicker as you build up towards the top. In this version, although it "looks" like the arcade version, it plays differently. It maintains the same speed all the way to the top, and speeds up as you finish the "levels". In other words, level one is slow, level two is a little quicker, level three is quicker, and so on....this one is "ok" but not as good as the arcade version! The arcade transitions on 1 level, and keeps you coming back for more cause it's nearly impossible to stack it to the top.
I appreciate your time to post, but you are talking about the wrong stack-it. This game is by NICOTEAM, and looks kind of interesting. I just wish there was a gameplay video somewhere
11-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
I appreciate your time to post, but you are talking about the wrong stack-it. This game is by NICOTEAM, and looks kind of interesting. I just wish there was a gameplay video somewhere
lol...my bad!! Guess I shoulda' checked your link BEFORE i responded...U can tell I'm not GUNSHY!! (quick to pull the trigger)
Hope you get the "correct" response nextime..
11-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Is this like Rumis? If so that'd be great.
11-23-2008, 10:15 PM
http://www.candystand.com/play.do?id=18308
free flash version of Stack It
ok I'm still up in the air about this one