★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for a piece of advice

04-18-2011, 08:05 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 571
Send a message via Skype™ to adamjones
Looking for a piece of advice

I have been looking back to my all applications which I have launched some of them are of good to use and some game apps are addictive to play.

But in most the reviews I found one common issue that is, doesn’t load or crashes or something similar to this…. I don’t know, what would be the possible reason. These apps works well when I am testing on my devices, but crashes on few other users device.

I just want to know that considering, Beta Tester would solve my problem.
04-18-2011, 08:14 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Usually an app would not crash, I find that half these people that report crashes are on older devices and way older software. They always blame the developers first without considering if it is there device or Software.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

04-18-2011, 08:16 AM
#3
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 843
Or because you have too many applications running at the same time there isn't enough memory for other apps so it closes by itself . When you're not using something , close it .

Please support these indie developers for putting in so much effort and making what is known as a hidden gem .

ChaoticBox - Silverfish Cat in a Box Games - Red Conquest!
04-18-2011, 08:35 AM
#4
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 571
Send a message via Skype™ to adamjones
Thank you guys got a relief, but then is there any importance of beta testers
04-18-2011, 09:03 AM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYJ View Post
Or because you have too many applications running at the same time there isn't enough memory for other apps so it closes by itself . When you're not using something , close it .
This is partly Apple's fault. The idea was that when an app required more RAM than available, already open apps would automatically close themselves. If games are crashing due to memory issues and there are still other apps in the multitask dock then the iOS isn't really living up to its promise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjones View Post
Thank you guys got a relief, but then is there any importance of beta testers
In my opinion, most beta testers don't really know much about why crashes happen, so all you really need is to find someone that can send you a crash log.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-19-2011, 01:35 AM
#6
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Usually an app would not crash, I find that half these people that report crashes are on older devices and way older software. They always blame the developers first without considering if it is there device or Software.
i agree with triggywiggy, i'm using a jailbroken device, which is usually associated with troubles and such, but i've tried to keep it up to date and clean and i can't say i have a bad experience with crashing apps. Very few games have crashed repeatedly on me, i can just think of 2 or 3 at the moment... and this is out of around 300 at least.
04-19-2011, 02:33 AM
#7
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Usually an app would not crash, I find that half these people that report crashes are on older devices and way older software. They always blame the developers first without considering if it is there device or Software.
Yeah...I couldn't agree with you more.

What my life will be like if i don't play games?
04-19-2011, 02:40 AM
#8
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 571
Send a message via Skype™ to adamjones
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
In my opinion, most beta testers don't really know much about why crashes happen, so all you really need is to find someone that can send you a crash log.
Thank you once again guys, but idea of getting crash log before releasing the app would be much better to avoid any kind of future issues.

You people were a great help thanks.

regards
adam
04-19-2011, 03:25 AM
#9
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinAce View Post
i agree with triggywiggy, i'm using a jailbroken device, which is usually associated with troubles and such, but i've tried to keep it up to date and clean and i can't say i have a bad experience with crashing apps. Very few games have crashed repeatedly on me, i can just think of 2 or 3 at the moment... and this is out of around 300 at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomaelli View Post
Yeah...I couldn't agree with you more.
Good to see that i have said something that people agree with for once

Success

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!