★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How did this get into the top 50???

04-18-2011, 10:01 PM
How did this get into the top 50???

First off I have to say, I'm not trying to be an a$$hole.

But my question is, how in the world did this app More Buffet! get into the top 50? It is sitting at #33 as I am typing this but I really really just cannot wrap my head around why this app is seeing this level of success.

I did a quick google and it doesn't seem like they did a whole lot of marketing, so please, if anyone can analyze this and come up with a logical answer, please help me

Thanks in advance!

Ezmobo Games!
Check out our dev blog for sneak peaks at our upcoming titles.
04-18-2011, 10:11 PM

04-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Send a message via MSN to Fruit Roll
Sometimes I have this kinda confusing too, but dont know the ranking system. Maybe app store's worker know the answer.
04-18-2011, 10:34 PM
04-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
Yeah, I understand these guys have developed a ton of apps and have had success with them in the past, but my question is more along the vein of how is this so popular? I'm obviously not the target audience of this app although I LOVE food but when I see this thing I just feel like it's a tool for playing make believe.

Ezmobo Games!
04-19-2011, 01:22 AM
thats amazing. an app like that..
04-19-2011, 03:18 AM
Well with the previous success came a huge user database!It was enough to campaign that app among users, and it got enough momentum to land in top 50!

My Twitter:@Tudor
04-19-2011, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLeQuack View Post
Well with the previous success came a huge user database!It was enough to campaign that app among users, and it got enough momentum to land in top 50!
tbh that's what i think too...if that's the case then i'll have to give these guys respect for finding this type of niche market and creating such a loyal userbase.

Ezmobo Games!
04-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
They are totally missing a "More Donuts" App! They need to get on that STAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohthree View Post
tbh that's what i think too...if that's the case then i'll have to give these guys respect for finding this type of niche market and creating such a loyal userbase.
Agree, as long as their ranking truly is based on users and not some type of "ranking hack/scam". Call it good or bad, but the App Store allows developers to make niche Apps for niche markets. Seems like the success/ranking of the other Apps show that those users like and want more of those types of Apps...why wouldn't the developer give it's user base more of what they want.

iPhone/iPod Touch Apps by Tiny Tech Studios

Last edited by TinyTechnician; 04-19-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: typo :-(
04-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottColbert View Post
Aren't all games a tool for playing make believe? I see this kind of like those apps that give you virtual tours of museums, etc. I've seen a lot worse apps make it into the top 50-different strokes and all that.
Um no...I play angry birds for reals...

and I also play tiny wings for reals...i just put on a penguin suit and slide down the nearest hill...what planet do you live on?

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.