★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Grove Keeper is now FREE for a limited time.

In Editor' Picks for Best Games for iPhone, iPod and iPad - AppCraver

"At first, I do not expect anything much about this game, HOWEVER, after I playing it, it is ABSOLUTELY FUN. The game is the perfect mixing between tower defense game and the angry bird style. And the game is not short, it is considerable long. There are new options following each state which is entertaining. I strongly recommend this game to anyone who likes playing a game."
-iTunes User Review

"Amazing game... It feels like your playing a strategy, physics shoot 'em down and adventure... It's been a long while since i've had this much fun... "
-iTunes User Review

"Great game. Fun to play... Better than angry birds any day! .. This hidden gem of a game should have been promoted better as its such a beautifully handcrafted game.."
-iTunes User Review

"Just as satisfying as it is quirky, Grove Keeper is a surefire hit for Castle Defense and Real-Time Strategy fans...." -iFanzine

"Its charming, bright and has a mass of content, so its a game youll get your moneys worth from...." -Digitally Downloaded

"If youre looking for a defend your fort type game that is both entertaining and challenging, then Grover Keeper is a must have app for you" -AppCraver

Now you can skip a level after a lost or a retry, so you can enjoy the game at your own pace. Come back to beat it later!

See our YouTube trailer at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cgmatic

Immerse in an epic journey to save the balance of the world from chaos. Taking control of the Grove Keeper, the master of magic, accompanied by likable friends during his journey. Simple and easy to play by touching objects to cast magic. Outlast the enemies using your skillful control and witful strategy.

Killer Features

-Simple and Innovative physics based gameplay.
-Defend the grumpy old army from throng of enemies by manipulating nature at will.
-Grove keeper is designed to keep the learning curve to minimum while introducing new elements at every turn.
-More than 80 levels to play. Each level introduces new exciting challenges.
-Revisit each level to get all clovers for achievements.
-Multi-touch supported. Various spells can be used at the same time.
-Epic boss battles.
-8 breathtaking sceneries to behold. Lush rain forest, windy canyon, marsh, wasteland etc.
-12 deadly spells in total, including 6 defensive spells and 6 ultimate spells that you can unleash upon enemies.
-8 epic Last Stand levels that put against endless waves of enemies for replay value.
-Game Center supported, including high score leaderboards and achievements.
-Constant update.
-Retina Display supported!

If you like our game, check out our facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CGMatic/122774234443613

or our twitter
http://twitter.com/CGMatic

visit our website at
www.cgmatic.com

cryingoctopus's comments:

GROVE KEEPER NOW AVAILABLE ON THE APP STORE

04-19-2011, 05:12 AM
This game looks like a pretty awesome Tower Defense game, Well done on the videos too.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

04-19-2011, 07:41 PM

I went ahead and tried the lite, off to buy the full now. I really really liked what I tried. A very polished mix of castle defense and physics puzzler and I don't know what else to compare it to...it's just fun

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
05-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to cryingoctopus
Grove Keeper is now reduced from $3.99 to $1.99 for iPad
and from $2.99 to $0.99 for iPhone and iPod for a limited time!

Let's do something fun..

I have a handful of promo codes to give away! Simply play Grove Keeper - Spring version via the links below and post stuff that you like about the game here. And feel free to comment the experience you may find. I will be giving promo codes to most constructive comments.

Grove Keeper - Spring (ipod, iphone):
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grove-keeper-spring/id434812053?mt=8

Grove Keeper - Spring - HD (ipad)
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/grove-keeper-spring-hd/id434812134?mt=8
05-06-2011, 03:08 PM
My initial thoughts. Bear in mind that I've only played two levels.

Graphics and visual style are crisp, yet soft. Really nicely detailed and it looks better than the screens.

Sound is really great. I tried playing without headphones and the bird tweets and effects really did sound good and make a nice atmosphere.

The gameplay mechanic seems like a mix of a few genres, and I haven't yet explored it fully. The blocking of ninja stars level is as far as i've got. Interaction felt a bit minimal, but like I said, it's only the second level. I'm about two minutes in.

The whole game feels very polished and smooth. Looking good.!

EDIT:

Got this on startup:

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
05-07-2011, 03:32 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to cryingoctopus
Thank you for your response bunglez.

We will address the warning popup in the spring version in the next patch.

The game will introduce you with a few new elements at a time... and I will get increasingly challenging later on.

The rock spell is the most fundamental spell in the game, you can touch and drag it in 360 degree.. you can have fun with it.. it's a rope physics.

hav fun!!
05-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Truly a hidden gem in the app store.
I tried Grove Keeper Spring and first want to comment on the graphics (it's all about presentation, right?) I felt like I was in an old school Warner Brothers cartoon. That says alot. It reminded me a bit of Godfinger. Very crisp and stunning, well done.
I've just scratched the surface on gameplay cause I wanted to post this before the codes were gone. In leiu of a tutorial, there is a link to a video which gives you an idea as to what you can do but doesn't show you how to do it. (my only gripe)
The game sets you in an Angry Birds style game but puts you on the defefense instead of the attack. Elements of Galcon RTS and TD are there. You manipulate items on screen (roots, rocks) in order to slow them to give your archers time to kill them. Alot of fun!
Really enjoying it and look forward to trying the full version!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
05-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Yay Cyg! What a great review. You've put into words what I can not express. I hope more people get exposed to this game because of you.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
05-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
Yay Cyg! What a great review. You've put into words what I can not express. I hope more people get exposed to this game because of you.
Well considering Cyg and I usually show up in the same place and (from what I recall) seem to share the same opinion, I'm definitely giving this a go.

EDIT: 30 minutes later...Spring version deleted. Why? Bought the full version. S***, this game's brilliant. You had me at "YOU SHALL NOT PASSSSSSSSS~!" XD

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-07-2011 at 12:17 PM.
05-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryingoctopus View Post
Let's do something fun..

I have a handful of promo codes to give away! Simply play Grove Keeper - Spring version via the links below and post stuff that you like about the game here. And feel free to comment the experience you may find. I will be giving promo codes to most constructive comments.
You're on!

My first impression upon starting the game was "ooh, parallax scrolling!" but my second wasn't quite so positive. I'm on an iPod Touch and as such, am not constantly connected to the world wide web... so I have no idea what the "How to Play" screen looks like. I'd like to see that integrated into the app itself.

The gameplay itself is really quite fun and unique, although I was confused initially by the rock shield spell. I thought the glowing yellow line around the rock was the shield so when the rock kept breaking I thought I was doing something wrong. It took me a couple of minutes before I realised the broken peices of rock were the shield.

I really enjoyed the game after that. I love the idea of using a physics engine for the castle destruction and it also made me think about how I'd enjoy constructing my own castle. I'd be fun to add a mode that lets us build our own castle, place some defensive objects then have the game play automatically and see how well they hold up against the enemy.

There are a couple of typos, one being "To make Ross shoots faster..." and the other one I've totally forgotten (sorry ) so you might want to scan over the text or have someone else proofread it.

Overall, a quality app. Sharp graphics I could easily spend a few hours at a time staring at, pleasing music and sound effects and perhaps most importantly of all... interesting level variation. I can imagine going through the game without getting bored thanks to all the different ways the gameplay gets shaken up as you progress (judging by the full version screen shots anyway!). I'm looking forward to spending more time with this

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ