★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Apple Not Allowing In Game Credits

04-19-2011, 05:26 AM
Apple Not Allowing In Game Credits

I Might as well let this article explain it.

From Jon Jordan @ http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/...ws.asp?c=29232

Is this Good News/Bad News, Whats your opinion?

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

Last edited by Eli; 04-19-2011 at 11:51 AM.
04-19-2011, 06:30 AM
I think it is both good news and bad news; various reasons support each side.

Working on a wiki for Wayward Souls, so feel free to help out! Link to a list of its current pages:
http://wayward-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Wiki_Content

04-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Yesterday i commented in the Mega Jump Code share thread how the game was not showing up on the app store.

Well this is the reason why

Here is the story, Seems Mega Jump has these credit things on it.
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Vario...ws.asp?c=29237

App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
04-19-2011, 07:08 AM
I'm kinda glad. On the one hand it was an easy way to get credits, but on the other... I ended up downloading free crap I usually wouldn't touch just to launch it once and then delete it. It's a cheap attempt at boosting downloads and I wasn't exactly unhappy before the option came along, so I doubt I'll miss it.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'm kinda glad. On the one hand it was an easy way to get credits, but on the other... I ended up downloading free crap I usually wouldn't touch just to launch it once and then delete it. It's a cheap attempt at boosting downloads and I wasn't exactly unhappy before the option came along, so I doubt I'll miss it.
You summed up my thoughts perfectly.

04-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Lord have mercy on people who buy in-game currency. I don't know anyone who even plays free games, and there's hundreds of kids with iDevices in just my grade. So yeah, it doesn't really matter.

Twitter: @back2this
04-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Lord have mercy on people who buy in-game currency. I don't know anyone who even plays free games, and there's hundreds of kids with iDevices in just my grade. So yeah, it doesn't really matter.
It's not about buying in-game currency, it's about awarding currency for downloading other apps. Tapjoy is the one that springs to mind. You can get credits in games like Overkill by going through Tapjoy and downloading random free and paid apps that have signed up with the scheme.

...and speaking of Tapjoy: http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/...ws.asp?c=29243

I'm with Apple on this one. Tapjoy say it improves user experience? I've experienced it and I can't say it was an improvement. Half of the time the page won't load, some of the time I'm not even allowed to download the apps in my country, and all of the time the apps are rubbish.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by MidianGTX; 04-19-2011 at 09:36 AM.
04-19-2011, 09:40 AM
It's been a long time since I've played such games, and from the looks of it I probably won't be playing much of them in the future either, so not that big of a deal for me. Even back then I ended up hoarding those premium credits without using them anyway.

My Game Review Blog (iOS and more)

Hot Springs Story Guide and Strategies/Tips thread
04-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'm with Apple on this one. Tapjoy say it improves user experience? I've experienced it and I can't say it was an improvement. Half of the time the page won't load, some of the time I'm not even allowed to download the apps in my country, and all of the time the apps are rubbish.
I am with apple as well, These things just get it the way, They are slow when you click them by accident and the apps they have are all complete rubbish.

04-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Good news for more dedicated/hardcore gamers. Bad news for annoying teenagers and middle aged adults.

Sounds good to me-- i'm looking forward to higher quality games.

i'm a pretty kitty cat