★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured in Apple's "What's Hot" section for over 2 months!

Jump into the pond and help your lovable friend, Hoppy the Frog, lick letters to spell words! Your child will have a blast with this exciting and fun spelling adventure! Great for Toddlers and Children all the way up through Kindergarten! (Ages 2-5).

Spell words by helping Hoppy lick letters as they float across the screen. Each correct spelling earns you Leapin' Loot coins that you can use to get tons of awesome clothing to dress your frog (NO IN-APP PURCHASES!). Transform your ordinary frog into the most stylish amphibian around!

Licking Letters combines Education and Arcade Action in a new and unique way. Educational institutions use Licking Letters as a vital tool in helping children learn to read and spell. As always, Licking Letters does not have any In-App Purchases, Advertising, or Review Requests.

Tenlin Studios strives to develop fun and creative apps to help your child learn. If you have any questions, problems, or concerns please contact us at www.tenlinstudiosllc.com/contact.htm, we respond quickly!

--------------------------------------

TEACHES SPELLING AND WORD RECOGNITION
Each Word is Shown, Spelled, and Read Aloud Before Each Round of Play. Includes 3, 4, and 5 Letter Words!

FOR AGES 2-5
Game Difficulty Automatically Adjusts Based on Your Child's Skill Level!

NO IN-APP PURCHASES
No In-App Purchases, No Advertising, & No Review Requests!

TEACHES UPPER AND LOWERCASE LETTERS
Additional Settings Available in the Options Menu

EXCITING MINI GAMES
Fun Mini Games Between Spelling Rounds!

COOL REWARDS
Each Correctly Spelled Word Will Earn Your Child Leapin' Loot. Use Leapin' Loot to Collect Funny Outfits for Hoppy!

INTERACTIVE HELP SYSTEM
Hoppy the Frog is Always There to Help Out With Tips on How to Play.

GREAT FOR EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
Educational Discount Available! Up to 3 Children Can Save Their Progress. Delete and Add New Users!

KID TESTED
Also Great for Children with Special Needs!

FANTASTIC WEBSITE REVIEWS

"It's simple for a five year old to play by themselves and it's a great educational game -- what more can a parent ask for!"
BrightHub.com

"We Highly Recommend Licking Letters"
SmartAppsForKids.com

"This App is Very Appealing and a Lot of Fun"
BestAppsForKids.com

"Innovative, Fun and Educational"
FunEducationalApps.com

"A Great Educational Application for Children"
Product-Reviews.net

Overall Best Spelling Game vs Super Why and Build a Word Express
BrightHub.com

Top Ten Spelling App
ReadingRockets.org

For videos and more information visit:
www.LickingLetters.com

Note: If sound is not working on your device please check your mute switch.

Customer Support:
http://www.tenlinstudiosllc.com/contact.htm

TenlinStudios's comments:
Licking Letters has gone FREE for a limited time!!!

WHY???

We are celebrating the release of our new action game: Birds to the Rescue!

Licking Letters is a spelling game geared toward children ages 2-8. For all of you parents out there, check it out, we have consistently been averaging the top 30 paid Educational Games for the past month! While you are at it, take a peek at Birds to the Rescue, which is a casual, fun, addictive game for everyone!

For some reason Licking Letters is showing $.99 here, but it is in fact free, check it out in the store!

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Hi!

Please find information for a promo code for Licking Letters in the Promo Code forums!

Thanks and enjoy the game!

Check out other games for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch by Tenlin Studios, LLC

04-29-2011, 01:11 PM
I love the general idea, looks and feel of the game, yet the clothing is a bit too much for my taste. I know everyone's doing it, yet I don't think it fits to every genre. I prefer other interesting aspects - but I guess people demand and like such stuff in general - otherwise not everyone would be having something like this in their games
Would be interesting, what kind of feedback you got from some of your players on this topic.
Was it a selling point or just mediocre received.

15 Coins - @Toucharcade

My humble Portfolio: www.acumen-design.de/blog
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/fabi_smith
04-29-2011, 08:54 PM
For the most part children like the dress-up part of the game. Those that don't care as much for that part of the game as much usually like the mini-games a lot as they are more action-oriented. Of course the main part of the game is spelling, which children really enjoy. So far we've gotten really good reviews & feedback... the great thing about our game is that kids learn - but they also have a great time doing it Thanks for the feedback!

04-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Thanks for taking time to answer these questions
I just think a direct feedback from the devs about how things worked out can save some headaches in the long run. So collecting information is always precious deal

Great you have so many favorable reviews on your plate already !

15 Coins - @Toucharcade

My humble Portfolio: www.acumen-design.de/blog
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/fabi_smith
05-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks for asking! We have actually climbed up the ladder and were ranked 30th under games->education the other day! Those of you with kids should check it out!

07-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Licking Letters has gone FREE for a limited time!!!

WHY???

We are celebrating the release of our new action game: Birds to the Rescue!

Be sure to check both of them out!

07-10-2011, 05:34 PM
HD Gameplay Trailer (iPhone):

Note:

Just a few Minutes of Gameplay.