★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.9 MB
  • Version: 2.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: As one of three heroes who vanquished Death Adder years earlier, take on the forces of evil on a perilous journey to recover the Golden Axe.

The legendary Golden Axe has fallen into Dark Gulds hands and he now threatens the world with his new found powers and wicked army. Take up arms and sorcery as an axe-wielding dwarf, a mighty barbarian or a fierce Amazon in your quest to save the land from darkness.

Take one of three amazing fighters into battle; each utilizing their own unique weapons and magic!

Survive seven treacherous levels on your journey to defeat Dark Guld!

Cast powerful magical spells and deliver bone crushing strikes and throws to wipe out the minions of evil!
End Dark Gulds evil reign with a friend using Bluetooth Peer-to-Peer multiplayer (Bluetooth required available only for devices above iPhone 4 and iPad 1)!
04-20-2011, 06:16 AM
creepy emu again

04-20-2011, 06:23 AM
Mm, not convinced by this one. It was really only worth playing with a buddy, rather than single player - it quickly got dull playing it on your own.

New Zealand Story would be a great addition, though. Along with Sensible Soccer, Cannon Fodder & Flashback..
04-20-2011, 06:45 AM
I gave several Sega ports a try. I regretted every purchase so far... The Emu isn't doing justice to the games. IMO.
04-20-2011, 07:02 AM
i kinda agree on that one, jar0d, although i didn't think that performance has been unacceptable. The main issue i take with sega's emu is the retarded buttons- it really beggars belief that they couldn't be bothered to code in the capacity to change the size, transparency or placement of them- like, for Sonic it's ok since you only need the jump, but for SoR, or Shinobi, most of the time your thumb is covering a good portion of the screen. Furthermore, screen sizing options are just woeful. Sega's lack of care in this regard is pretty breathtaking, and definitely smacks of a desire to just nickel and dime the audience who loved those games.
04-20-2011, 07:54 AM
They still haven't even fixed the bug from the first one yet.
04-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Everything mentioned above is true and just continuing proof of Sega's greed. I'm almost ashamed a Mega Drive was my first console now.
04-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
New Zealand Story would be a great addition,
I would LOVE to see this game. Great platform game and could work really well on iOS
04-20-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm not feeling the hate that others seem to have for this. Yes, the controls should be movable, but it's hardly a fun killer. GA2 is my favorite slashy game like this, and I'll get this at launch, so I suppose I'm part of the problem.
04-20-2011, 01:19 PM
I hope they release Sonic 3 sometime soon

Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live/Tapulous: DrMonkey
Game-Center: DrMonkeyDude (someone stole my regular username )