★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Failed Login Notification on Touch Arcade

04-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Failed Login Notification on Touch Arcade

Hi adminly folk,

I've received notifications for three days now that someone has been making failed attempts to log in to my account. With only five attempts at a time they will never succeed, but I thought I should bring it to your attention in the event that it is happening to other people, and especially because it is all coming from the same IP address.

Quote:
Dear James,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Touch Arcade with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 222.35.159.72

All the best,
Touch Arcade
Not sure if you can ban it, or if it is associated with a current member.
04-20-2011, 02:03 PM
For what it's worth I've received about eight additional notifications today.

04-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Not much you can do to stop it without an admin blocking them. Make sure you have a strong password too.

Here's some info on that address

http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/222.35.159.72
04-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiso View Post
Not much you can do to stop it without an admin blocking them. Make sure you have a strong password too.

I love how the pin in this map is underwater.

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud Matches Gaming with a side of Matchmaking!
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And more!
04-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
I've definitely got the strong password covered.

Any suggested means of getting in touch with an administrator? I find it odd to imagine that I was specifically targeted so I imagine some other accounts are being plugged away at as well. If really clever, they could be targeting relatively inactive members. In any case, it makes sense to block this IP before something comes of it. I've been a forum admin myself for over a decade so I've certainly been through the ringer with this kind of nonsense.
04-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I've definitely got the strong password covered.

Any suggested means of getting in touch with an administrator? I find it odd to imagine that I was specifically targeted so I imagine some other accounts are being plugged away at as well. If really clever, they could be targeting relatively inactive members. In any case, it makes sense to block this IP before something comes of it. I've been a forum admin myself for over a decade so I've certainly been through the ringer with this kind of nonsense.
haha escpecially with so few posts... there should be little to no reason for somebody to want to hack your account....

im back guys!
04-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Any suggested means of getting in touch with an administrator?
Hodapp and Arn are both online on AIM according to the About page, but they're usually super busy.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned that IP, which oddly enough isn't associated to any forum user. This is an annoyance I deal with on a daily basis though, I've managed to simply snag "Eli" for most of my account names with various iPhone gaming networks and get at least 2 password reset attempts a day.
04-20-2011, 08:31 PM
I get weekly notices from my gameloft live account, which I only use for MC2.
04-21-2011, 02:51 AM
Send a message via MSN to apphame
Quote:

..from Beijing, China.

Shame on it.

Hot day, not spring day.
Follow my twitter, @chillingostar