★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PoQoP
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 51.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: This is one kind of game classified as barrage flight shooter game. The arrangement of barrage are designed into different geometry, and the world view and the characters in the game are leisure and different from others, moreover, the music we choose for the game greatly meets the personalities. In the game, you may move around, prevent yourself from attacking and shooting the enemies by touching screen or gravity sensing. There are eight characters for choosing and seven levels in all. Every character owns his or her individual dialogue and plot. The player may eat the power block to level up his or her barrage, and release bomb to clean barrage in front of him/her to beat the enemy splendidly.

***************Features*************************
1. Support four kinds of language which including Chinese(Simplified), Chinese(Traditional), Japanese and English;
2. Style of animation over the interface. The animation game fans must like the design of the interface. There also are many CG in the game, such as in the start page or the pause page;
3. Splendid barrage. Every boss has many different barrage and you can enjoy the challenge for its diversification;
4. Seven levels. Different level has different boss, different boss has his or her own personality;
5. Three difficulty level to choose. The players can fully enjoy the game if he or she choose a difficulty level he or she fits.
6. Four methods to operate. Player can learn how to play easily for the coordination of the operations;
7. Rich story. The dialogue between the player and boss will tell you the whole story. Easily plot and challenging barrage make the game to a dgree of relaxation.
8. Detailed introduction about the role. The game introduces the protagonists and the bosses by card.
9. Two mode. Player can choose the story mode or the practice mode if he or she likes;
10. 4 groups of protagonists. Different protagonist has different property and moves. Players can always find the protagonists who suit them.
11.3 OpenFeint leaderboards and 31 acheivements.

PS: The game is based on Imperishable Night which author is ZUN. Thanking for your endorsement.

Squeaker's comments:

Wiki on Touhou Project and Imperishable Night.
04-21-2011, 03:35 AM
While I'd be down to purchase an official Touhou port, I get the feeling that this one hasn't been ok'd by the original creator.

Last edited by Dazarath; 04-21-2011 at 03:37 AM.

04-21-2011, 03:43 AM
Is this any good? How does it control?
And again, do we know if this is an official / sanctified port?
04-21-2011, 05:03 AM
Even though it's not official; I can't resist! I'm TOFTT. The worse that could happen is that it gets removed and the official game comes out in it's place

EDIT: Apparently it is now free!

EDIT: NVM it's IAP to unlock the game with no ads (which btw is super annoying due to it's placement during game play)

Update: The game is definitely not as polished as an official Touhou game, but it is a very fun and functional bullet hell shooter. It plays fluently on my iPad 1st gen; it did have occasional hiccups when the iads (Which are at the bottom during gameplay) were changing. Ad- removal and game content can be purchased at the in-game store. I was actually going to unlock it (Because I do like the game), but it appears that the IAP hasn't been approved yet.

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius

Last edited by Maythius; 04-21-2011 at 05:36 AM.
04-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Wow finally one of Shanghai Alice's games ported to iOS. I will definitely be giving this one a go, and most likely buying the IAP.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-21-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Wow finally one of Shanghai Alice's games ported to iOS. I will definitely be giving this one a go, and most likely buying the IAP.
it's not a port, it's just a very VERY good clone. I'm enjoying it, and cannot wait for the IAP to be approved

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
04-21-2011, 08:16 AM
From Kotaku:

Quote:
Since the game is dojin, the games were opened to seemingly endless fan interpretations and merchandising with Zun encouraging and placing few restrictions on his work. That's...changed.

His 2011 guidelines ask that those who wish to make commercial goods based on Touhou Project contact him and request permission (fair enough!). According to ANN, Zun also tells applicants interested in producing commercial goods use "discretion" regarding items with sexual connotation such as "hug pillows", but added that he doesn't think noncommercial dojin have been an issue to date.

Besides restricting the development of "cel animation" for commercial purposes, Zun placed restrictions on the sale of Touhou Project inspired games on Xbox Live's Indie Games, Apple's App Store and Android Marketplace. He also placed a restriction on the sale of Touhou Project games via overseas downloads.
I think it's safe to assume that Fantasy Night is an approved product.
04-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
From Kotaku:

Pretty sure you're right. It looks official, although I can't find any real mention of it on other websites.

It's supposedly a port of Imperishable Night (TH08), according to the app description

I spent a few minutes playing it earlier, and it's a really excellent bullet-hell shooter.

Last edited by strivemind; 04-21-2011 at 09:11 AM.
04-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Just played the original Imperishable Night on PC, and have to say this is a very competent clone.

- The artwork and graphics are all intact, except for some flashy effects that don't affect the gameplay.
- Bullet patterns and everything are all extremely faithful to the original, except for some minor enemies.
- Powerup levels seem to be easier to maintain in the iOS version.
- iOS has a health bar, allowing to take multiple hits before you die. This significantly lowers the difficulty (although it's still pretty insane). One thing to note, is that the bar will drain if you remain on top of a bullet, and some bigger bullets seem to drain your bar faster.

It's not quite a port, but not just a any clone. It's more of an adaptation for iOS.

And to clarify the IAP. There will be 4 in all:
1. Unlock Team 2, Stage 7, and no ads.
2. Unlock Team 3, Stage 7, and no ads.
3. Unlock Team 4, Stage 7, and no ads.
4. Unlock all teams, Stage 7, and no ads.

Last edited by strivemind; 04-21-2011 at 09:50 AM. Reason: organized
04-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
I don't see how that article implies it's safe to assume this is an approved product.