★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mouse House vs. Pathways

11-03-2008, 05:13 AM
Mouse House vs. Pathways

Hello,

I noticed that Mouse House is now on sale. It seems that it features the same gameplay than Pathways. Is this true? Which one of both would you recommend? From an optical point I would prefer Mouse House - it's just looking more cure and colorful and I like this (like Mouse About).

Bye

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
11-03-2008, 02:33 PM
I have (and beaten) Pathways but I haven't played Mouse House. It looks like it could be a pretty fun game and I may pick that one up myself soon. From what I've read that MH requires some actual dexterity with the controls to do some of the puzzles in while dodging/attacking, whereas in Pathways you just have to think about getting through it and not having to worry about bad guys. I don't know how challenging MH is either but Pathways will definitely challenge you. Also, Pathways is only 1.99 while MH is 4.99. My suggestion would maybe be pick up Pathways first since its cheaper and if you really don't like it all that much, then go for Mouse House.

11-04-2008, 12:40 AM
The Game Style of Mouse House

Hey! I'm the level designer who made the levels in Mouse House. Overall, our gameplay is about avoiding enemies by using your environment to create safe paths, rather than actively dodging them, so you won't need more dexterity than your average game.

If you do try Mouse House, please let is know if there is anything special you would like to see in future updates and sequels. We're always excited to hear all of your feedback!
11-04-2008, 02:16 AM
I leave a place for Mouse House in my budget for november

But you should really work on your visibility. It's nearly impossible to find information on Mouse House on the Net. The German Store has no review, so I had to switch to the US store where I found a few reviews, which really love your game. There's no video on YouTube. If you search for Mouse House on Google, you get to this thread (minutes after posting it, so Google seems to be running the indexer at near light speed) and to a bunch of other games named Mouse House.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
11-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Is Mouse House like the Adventures of Lolo for NES? If it is, I'll buy it.
11-07-2008, 03:07 PM
pathways. way too much game for the price. you'll be playing for days trying to beat every puzzle...
11-07-2008, 06:39 PM
I got it today. I find it pretty challenging so far. The artwork is very good, and the game runs great. I wish there was sound, but I think that's coming in an update. At $1.99 it's an absolute bargain.
11-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
Is Mouse House like the Adventures of Lolo for NES? If it is, I'll buy it.
Yes In fact LOLO was a strong influence in our design of Mouse House.

- chrisd@plaidworld.com
11-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdubjr View Post
I got it today. I find it pretty challenging so far. The artwork is very good, and the game runs great. I wish there was sound, but I think that's coming in an update. At $1.99 it's an absolute bargain.
Sound is coming soon.

Actually the sound / music engine is in the game but we thought it was best to ship the game 98% done and start making some $ right away.

I recently started a full time game contracting gig and its been really eating into my time to finish up Mouse House.

Planned up dates...

1. Sound FX
2. Engine speed up switching to threads vs timers.. gives about a 10 fps speed boost up to 58 FPS.
3. More levels.
4. Some control system changes and tweaks that have been requested.