★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: GO GET RC HELI 3 ITS FREE: http://ethv.co/RCHeli3

RC Heli 2 comes with 3 Helis (4Ch Heli and 3Ch Helis), free flight and 7 races in race mode.

All new combat mode and 2 combat helis are available for in-app purchase.

7 more 3ch and 4ch helis AND 2 UFOs are also available for purchase.

UFOs: Cruiser 4 Ch UFO and an Alien Tech 4 Ch UFO.

Race Mode: Race through the 3 story house as fast as you can, collecting each successive coin.

Free Flight: Master your flying as you explore the house. Can you find the secret passage?

Combat: 6 missions and 2 combat helis. Shoot the targets and toy soldiers and tanks. Look out for missile turrets.

3 Camera Angles: Enjoy flying in 3rd person, 1st person or fixed camera mode.

Controls: All 4 heli control schemes are supported. Hit puase button in game then go to settings to pick your control scheme.

Accelerometer: You can also choose to fly with the accelerometer in place of one of the sticks.

Beautifully composed music written and performed by Davide Cecchi.

Check out RC Heli 2!

FrozenPepper's comments:
Hi all !!!

Once again Ethervision, iDev2 and FrozenPepper teamed up deliver the best Rc flight experience for portable devices, and after many months of work our work is finally available on the AppStore

RC Heli 2 is available as UNIVERSAL app (iPad / iPhone) for 1.99$ here

We have basically re-built the game from scratch improving a lot the physics simulation and realism as well as a new HD scenario to fly your helis in .

Here is a fast list of what to expect from the Rc Heli 2 :

- new physics simulation (more realistic ! it's harder at first, but satisfactions are far bigger once mastered)
- UNIVERSAL BINARY, same app for iphone4, ipad, ipad 2, iphone 3gs etc..
- 4 control modes supported (realistic mapping)
- touch or accelerometer controls
- HD graphics
- Advanced iPad 2 optimizations !
- 3 floor house to fly in and explore
- Free flight, race mode
- COMBAT mode purchasable in app (comes with game mode + 2 combat helis !)
- RC UFOS !! (1 of which is using ALIEN PHYSICS ! both purchasable in app)
- A LOT of helis to fly and purchase in app
- much more still has to come....


New generation of RC games (plane is coming soon to ), is built with expansion in mind, so we will expand the content as time comes... Multiplayer is already at a good stage, and we are working on add on scenarios, game modes , and vehicles that will soon debut in updated versions of the game.

We are going to take very seriously (and possibly implement fast) all user feedback, impressions and ideas, and this forum has always been a great place to share them...

More info and some PROMO CODES will come soon, so stay tuned !



Youtube link | Pop Up
04-21-2011, 10:24 AM
#2
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,963
Thank you for the universal build and combat!

Any chance for multiplayer? That would make races and combat a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

04-21-2011, 11:51 AM
#3
Game looks and plays great (just bought it) - I have always quite fancied making an RC heli game being a developer myself but this would be some serious competition

I fly real RC and use Mode 3 (cyclic on the left) so thanks for supporting all the TX modes and having a fixed-camera option.

I found it reassuringly difficult, as it should be. You will get people complaining it is far too difficult (as I get with my game). I say don't dumb it down, but maybe consider adding the *option* of making the throttle spring-back to the hover point (on the fixed-pitch helis) - not being able to feel the stick on your thumb means it is really tricky finding the hover point and this will probably be beginners' biggest complaint (ie letting go and the heli not stopping). Make that default but let experts turn it off (to be as it is where the throttle sticks wherever).

Some other ideas:
  1. Add a full collective-pitch heli so you can fly 3D, ie inverted etc. without the self-levelling option. Will be really hard but would then be a true sim.
  2. Add a mode where you can fly outdoors to get some room to learn 3D (with an auto-zoom for the fixed-camera option).
  3. Will there be large IC helis too? Basically I want Phoenix RC on my iPad
  4. Maybe have a timed scoring stunt mode - where you get points for 3D stunts and holding a low inverted hover etc. or syncronised stunts in MP.
  5. Consider an Augmented Reality mode - where players can fly around their actual living room. Just an idea, good for marketing at least.
  6. Have you tried it with the Fling? http://tenonedesign.com/fling - I can imagine it makes the game much more realistic and easier having tactile sticks.

Some issues I found:
  1. There seems to be a bug where it keeps defaulting back to Mode 2 (even though Options still show Mode 3 I have to keep reselecting it every time).
  2. The UI buttons (on iPhone especially) are really small and difficult to touch as you have to touch them exactly - I suggest doing what I did to this same complaint and increasing the physical button touch regions (no need to change the gfx).
  3. It only supports one landscape orientation on iPad - ideally should be both (although a UIView layer does seem to rotate)
  4. Controller settings show "Sensibility" when I think you mean "Sensitivity"

All in all a great RC heli game - really interested to see how it evolves, particularly the multiplayer mode (will it be via Game Center?)

Apps: Lead Wars (TA Thread) | Super Grav (TA Thread)
DemonStudios Ltd | Indie Game Dev
www.demonstudios.com
Follow: Facebook | Twitter
04-21-2011, 12:00 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: the stars
Posts: 491
Nice, I'll give it a try.

I appreciate the effort put into the concept of this title. However, I'm pretty disappointed by the collaboration of mundane ideas, and the very little emphasis on what could have made this game killer.

Honestly, place emphasis on the combat. This could have been a really neat multiplayer/co-op game. 4 vs. 4 combat (like Skies of Glory), or co-op against toy soldiers gone mad. You could have even made "NERF" bullets and missiles that knock the opposition into walls or push them off-course until they crash. What could be better than shooting toy soldiers with remote control choppers?
Instead of some creative weapon, you gave them a pea-shooter.

Get it, if you like heli-stuff. Just don't be surprised if it leaves you wanting.
04-21-2011, 12:43 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 430
Great great and again great thanks for all feedback ! We immensely appreciate it , and will consider all proposal, ideas, comments etc.

DemonJim : fantastic post very helpful, thanks ! We knew we were going to have a harder to fly game this time, but we think that's in the right spot between realism (RC Helis are hard to fly the first times) and ease of use, your suggestion for the automatic throttle is GREAT !!! We will surely work on that .

Quote:
Add a full collective-pitch heli so you can fly 3D, ie inverted etc. without the self-levelling option. Will be really hard but would then be a true sim.
we have something like that, if you purchase the 4ch stunt heli (black one) it will come with an extra options window which lets you adjust (or disable) the "self leveling", and even has button to map controls for inverted flight, really hard to fly, but should feel closer to the real thing for a pro flier.

Quote:
Add a mode where you can fly outdoors to get some room to learn 3D (with an auto-zoom for the fixed-camera option).
We are working on a "gym" scenario which will give plenty of space to master the controls and 3d flight... it will come..
About External flying, we have made some experiments with wind simulation, results are promising, but is not our first priority (mini RC Helis are so cool for indoor flighting )

drelbs :
Quote:
Any chance for multiplayer? That would make races and combat a lot of fun!
We are working on that to (since quite some time), it will come, new version of game engine was built with modularity in mind, and multiplayer is among our top priorities, can share a date, but we are quite committed to introduce it sooner or later for RC Heli 2. It will be gameCenter based.

Back soon with more info,
Great thanks to all for your time!
04-21-2011, 01:52 PM
#6
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 608
I've been playing a lot of AR games on the 3DS lately... see where this is going?

Flying a copter around my living room using the iphone/ipad's cameras would be a welcome in app purchase

BTW - For anyone who actually flies picoo Zs/Airhogs for the sake of just flying, this is a great way to get your fix. Plus I don't have to find where my gf hides my damned copters anymore when I want to fly while she's busy watching TV
04-21-2011, 03:05 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonJim View Post
Game looks and plays great (just bought it) - I have always quite fancied making an RC heli game being a developer myself but this would be some serious competition

I fly real RC and use Mode 3 (cyclic on the left) so thanks for supporting all the TX modes and having a fixed-camera option.

I found it reassuringly difficult, as it should be. You will get people complaining it is far too difficult (as I get with my game). I say don't dumb it down, but maybe consider adding the *option* of making the throttle spring-back to the hover point (on the fixed-pitch helis) - not being able to feel the stick on your thumb means it is really tricky finding the hover point and this will probably be beginners' biggest complaint (ie letting go and the heli not stopping). Make that default but let experts turn it off (to be as it is where the throttle sticks wherever).

Some other ideas:
  1. Add a full collective-pitch heli so you can fly 3D, ie inverted etc. without the self-levelling option. Will be really hard but would then be a true sim.
  2. Add a mode where you can fly outdoors to get some room to learn 3D (with an auto-zoom for the fixed-camera option).
  3. Will there be large IC helis too? Basically I want Phoenix RC on my iPad
  4. Maybe have a timed scoring stunt mode - where you get points for 3D stunts and holding a low inverted hover etc. or syncronised stunts in MP.
  5. Consider an Augmented Reality mode - where players can fly around their actual living room. Just an idea, good for marketing at least.
  6. Have you tried it with the Fling? http://tenonedesign.com/fling - I can imagine it makes the game much more realistic and easier having tactile sticks.

Some issues I found:
  1. There seems to be a bug where it keeps defaulting back to Mode 2 (even though Options still show Mode 3 I have to keep reselecting it every time).
  2. The UI buttons (on iPhone especially) are really small and difficult to touch as you have to touch them exactly - I suggest doing what I did to this same complaint and increasing the physical button touch regions (no need to change the gfx).
  3. It only supports one landscape orientation on iPad - ideally should be both (although a UIView layer does seem to rotate)
  4. Controller settings show "Sensibility" when I think you mean "Sensitivity"

All in all a great RC heli game - really interested to see how it evolves, particularly the multiplayer mode (will it be via Game Center?)
This guy obviously has considerable knowledge and experience about this subject. All of his ideas seem to be spot on as well as his observations. I've played with RC copters and planes for years though I don't consider myself a pro at it by any means! Also, I still own both of your older apps and am excited to see the second edition of this come out, which I will be buying immediately, and look forward to the RC plane 2 coming soon! Love the new options like combat, as well as the UFO which I want as well. Enough of this-I wanna start playing!
04-21-2011, 09:19 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 430
x999x :
Quote:
Flying a copter around my living room using the iphone/ipad's cameras would be a welcome in app purchase
we actually are experimenting with AR, but many problems come in play, we will share more info on this subject as soon as we will take more serious decisions about it, or we'll have something to show...


------ PROMO CODE CONTEST --------
PROMO CODE TIME ! 1 promo code will be given to first who will reply to this thread, quoting this post, in 15 or more minutes from now (post time as reference).
Remember, 14 minutes = disqualified;
Posts not quoting the promo part of this message will be considered not valid for contest (regular discussion).

Good Luck for the contest, and great thanks for the feedback !

Last edited by FrozenPepper; 04-21-2011 at 09:37 PM.
04-21-2011, 09:41 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 21
really enjoyed the first rc heli. saw this post and figured id comment, then saw this promo post and hope i get lucky. ill be getting it either way, love flying these things and this saves me and my wife from a crazy dog when i fly the real ones


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPepper View Post
x999x :

we actually are experimenting with AR, but many problems come in play, we will share more info on this subject as soon as we will take more serious decisions about it, or we'll have something to show...


------ PROMO CODE CONTEST --------
PROMO CODE TIME ! 1 promo code will be given to first who will reply to this thread, quoting this post, in 15 or more minutes from now (post time as reference).
Remember, 14 minutes = disqualified;
Posts not quoting the promo part of this message will be considered not valid for contest (regular discussion).

Good Luck for the contest, and great thanks for the feedback !
04-22-2011, 09:59 AM
#10
Promo Code Time

First off: Demon Jim, Thank you for the fantastic feedback. You are spot on...especially with the throttle spring back. We always knew this game (sim) is harder to master the controls out the gate gate than most games out there. In fact, I would argue that the main payoff of the game is figuring out how to fly. Very different than most reward based games. So, thank you!!! We're gonna ping you offline to discuss further.

Ok, PROMO CODE TIME. First person to reply in exactly one hour gets the first code for today. It's all based on the Touch Arcade timestamp. 59 minutes = too early=DQ.

Good luck and thank you all for the great, constructive feedback. There is no better place on the planet to hear it like it is than toucharcade!