★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Rc Heli 2 (with iPad2 optimizations) on AppStore !

04-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Rc Heli 2 (with iPad2 optimizations) on AppStore !

Hi all !!!

Once again Ethervision, iDev2 and FrozenPepper teamed up deliver the best Rc flight experience for portable devices, and after many months of work our work is finally available on the AppStore

RC Heli 2 is available as UNIVERSAL app (iPad / iPhone) for 1.99$ here

We have basically re-built the game from scratch improving a lot the physics simulation and realism as well as a new HD scenario to fly your helis in .

Here is a fast list of what to expect from the Rc Heli 2 :

- new physics simulation (more realistic ! it's harder at first, but satisfactions are far bigger once mastered)
- UNIVERSAL BINARY, same app for iphone4, ipad, ipad 2, iphone 3gs etc..
- 4 control modes supported (realistic mapping)
- touch or accelerometer controls
- HD graphics
- Advanced iPad 2 optimizations !
- 3 floor house to fly in and explore
- Free flight, race mode
- COMBAT mode purchasable in app (comes with game mode + 2 combat helis !)
- RC UFOS !! (1 of which is using ALIEN PHYSICS ! both purchasable in app)
- A LOT of helis to fly and purchase in app
- much more still has to come....

New generation of RC games (plane is coming soon to ), is built with expansion in mind, so we will expand the content as time comes... Multiplayer is already at a good stage, and we are working on add on scenarios, game modes , and vehicles that will soon debut in updated versions of the game.

We are going to take very seriously (and possibly implement fast) all user feedback, impressions and ideas, and this forum has always been a great place to share them...

More info and some PROMO CODES will come soon, so stay tuned !

Youtube link | Pop Up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cruiser-kitchen-6.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	32394   Click image for larger version

Name:	rc2-ipad-screenshots.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	32395   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0068_smaller.png
Views:	3
Size:	710.3 KB
ID:	32396  

Click image for larger version

Name:	rc2-ipad-screenshots.004_smaller.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	32397  
04-21-2011, 10:26 AM
If it wasn't for the in app purchases to unlock content I would be all over this. If some day everything is included with the purchase price i'll buy.

04-21-2011, 10:52 AM
This looks great. For someone that can do 3D stunts with real RC Helis how accurate are the physics? I don't really expect to be able to do tic-tocs with the app but some acrobatics would be nice. iPad 2 optimized sounds great too.
04-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falken View Post
If it wasn't for the in app purchases to unlock content I would be all over this. If some day everything is included with the purchase price i'll buy.
Hate to say but I agree. At least they're being up front about it.

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa View Post
This looks great. For someone that can do 3D stunts with real RC Helis how accurate are the physics? I don't really expect to be able to do tic-tocs with the app but some acrobatics would be nice. iPad 2 optimized sounds great too.
There is a lite version of the first game you can try, but as it's old, I bet the new game is improved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 04-21-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Included the wrong quote!
04-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Great thanks for all your feedback , interest, questions etc !

Quote:
If you have tried first RC Heli, this is way more realistic, probably to much for newcomers to the RC world. Surely we had to reach some compromises between realism / playability / performance etc, but i think that it gives a good realistic experience exploiting a lot the touch screen. Try the "4ch Stunt " heli, it comes with an extra menu that allows you to modify various values, including the auto-stabilization. It also has an extra on screen button to map the controls for inverted flight. We are working to perfection the realism on some helis in particular.

Quote:
In-app purchases allows us to attract more people with the basic app, than who likes certain helis, gameplay options, scenarios etc can expand the very low initial expense. Surely it's not the solution i like best (would to prefer 1 price and all content in game) but we had to adapt to market.
On the good side of this solution is that we are way more motivated to expand and perfection the game trhought it's life course.

More info and discussion soon,
Again thanks a lot for your time

(sorry for the english..)
04-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPepper View Post
In-app purchases allows us to attract more people with the basic app, than who likes certain helis, gameplay options, scenarios etc can expand the very low initial expense. Surely it's not the solution i like best (would to prefer 1 price and all content in game) but we had to adapt to market.
On the good side of this solution is that we are way more motivated to expand and perfection the game trhought it's life course.
It's a better option than the regular/Gold versions first RC Heli had (I've got both! ) - unless they come out at the same time, in which I'd also have to say I prefer an all-in-one app than IAP, if only for the way Apple saves/backs up app data.

The original RC Heli was the only other iOS helicopter game I could take seriously. (Besides X-Plane of course - but that's not an RC game...)

I'm looking forward to being able to fly with others. An additional game mode you might implement would be "Tag" where you either have to shoot (perhaps with a short range gun) or fly close enough to someone to tag them - then they are stuck hovering only (perhaps rotate so they can look around) for 15 seconds or so to give you a chance to run off and hide. Then it becomes a hunt/chase looking & listening for your opponent. You could score it by number of seconds while "it" and play for a certain number of tags or certain number of minutes tagged (or just a certain time limit.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
04-21-2011, 03:55 PM
This is not realistic at all. It's not only that the helis don't react to input as a real rc heli would, but the lack of tactile feedback makes controlling them feel completely different from a real one. Especially so with the tiny and clumsy sticks. There seems to be no way to adjust sensitivity of these virtual sticks. Every rc heli I've ever seen let me do that. On the other hand, they're all amazingly stable, as if someone taped them to a spot in the air with duct tape. Even if you fly right into an obstacle. So in some way it's much harder to control, in some much easier... I think since it's nothing like the real thing anyway it could at least have had a "fun" control scheme along with the failed attempt at a realistic one. You know, to make it actually fun to play.
04-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPepper View Post
I have kept in-app purchases disabled on my iPad since I got it. As well, I do not buy any game that offers in app purchases. When I buy a game I want the full thing not to be asked to give more money for this or more money for that. If a game looks worth $8, I have no problems buying it. If the game is $2 with a bunch of .99 in purchases, forget it.

I don't know how many users out there are like me... just thought you would like to know.
04-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falken View Post
I don't know how many users out there are like me... just thought you would like to know.
http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/ga...=price&dir=asc

Not many.. just thought you would like to know.