★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Gravity Well - MiniGolf/Pinball Game 99 cents

04-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Gravity Well - MiniGolf/Pinball Game 99 cents

Gravity Well is a new game that is described as a MiniGolf/Pinball game by the developer. It looks great and has 36 levels.
Linky - $3.99
04-09-2009, 07:51 AM
I was looking at this one earlier, it does look really interesting and polished for what it is. Wonder if its something like Artic shuffle but much different look because that game is sorta like mini golf/pinball'ish....

Would like to see it on video in motion its hard to tell whats going on in the pics or least some impressions of the game.

04-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott30 View Post
I was looking at this one earlier, it does look really interesting and polished for what it is. Wonder if its something like Artic shuffle but much different look because that game is sorta like mini golf/pinball'ish....

Would like to see it on video in motion its hard to tell whats going on in the pics or least some impressions of the game.
Same here.

It's hard to tell what this game is all about. I just don't want to move a ball or something around obstacles.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
04-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Basically you use your finger and hold it down. The longer you hold it down the quicker the ball will move towards the place your holding down your finger. Usually you hold it down about an inch away from the ball. Object is to get it to end goal.

In this level (#10 btw...couldn't take no more) you can see I have 4 health so if I touch those red spikes or white laser walls I'll lose a health each time I do. I'm the little green ball in as I've made my way to the middle section. I'm trying to go from left to the far right of map. Anyway I didn't like this one at all.
04-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks mrbass.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
04-20-2009, 09:08 AM
I picked up Gravity Well recently, so I thought I would take the time to post my impressions (in summary form for those of you who won't read three paragraphs):

- The graphics are very good and polished as is the overall feel of the game. When I first picked up the game, it just felt like it belonged on my iPod (which is a really good thing).

- The concept is more addicting that you would think. Basically, you control the ball by controlling the "gravity." When you touch any spot of the board, you change the gravity...so you can't directly change the direction of the ball. It makes you think quickly to avoid dying, and the levels get progressively harder.

-When I first played, I wasn't sure how long I was going to enjoy the game, but I found the game rather addictive. I really found the game to be both fun and challenging. I keep coming back and playing. I also like that you can either pick up and play a level or play for a long period of time to try to beat you last score. You get points for avoiding damage and speed of finishing a level. You can always try to top your last score and set a new level record (and overall score).

Anyways, just some brief thoughts. I would end up giving it a 4 out of 5...which is really good imo!

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen
11-27-2009, 01:30 PM
on sale for 99 cents

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

Last edited by DaveMc99; 11-27-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: added video
06-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Now free.