★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ready for an exciting new golfing experience? Something uniquely challenging, family-friendly and refreshingly uncomplicated? Then hit the links with Par Out Golf, the greatest golf you'll ever play with your fingertip!"

PRESS QUOTES

"The core gameplay of Par Out Golf is quite fun and offers more challenge than you might actually expect." - Blake Grundman, 148Apps (4/5 AWESOME DRIVE)

"Par Out Golf, an enjoyable twist on the golfing genre from Endless Wave Software." - Philip Michaels, Macworld (3/5)

"For those who want something a little different, then Par Out Golf is well worth the green fees." - Steve McCaskill, Pocket Gamer (8/10 Silver Award)

"Par Out Golf is a superbly fun game, that while simple to learn (who doesnt know how to draw a line) still offers players a challenging and different golfing experience." - Brett Nolan, AppAddict.net (4/5)

"If youre looking for a unique golf experience, Par Out Golf is definitely for you." - The Gamer With Kids

"The social and multiplayer options in this game are what puts it over the top as one of the best golf games Ive played." - Touch Reviews (4/5)

"Par Out Golf is a delightfully engaging game for golfers and non-golfers alike." - Hannah Camacho, AppAdvice (4/5)

---------------------------------------------

Drive, hook and draw your way through two stunningly illustrated 18-hole courses using our unique style of game play. Here's a sneak how-to peak:

Visualize your shot towards the cup. Just like the real thing, plan the simplest path that will get you on the green in the fewest number of strokes.
Touch and hold the ball, and the fun begins! The clouds roll in, the fairway disappears, and then you take your shot!
Relying only on your memory and a steady finger, you must move the ball towards the cup while trying to avoid the shot-stopping trees and rocks, and penalty inducing water and sand traps. The hardest part is remembering where they are! Your shot can twist and turn in any way you'd like - the laws of physics don't apply!
Finally, take your finger off the screen, the clouds push back, and you are left to jubilation, or, gut-wrenching heart-ache. Its that simple!

Here's more!

Be social! Play up to 4-players at a time on the same device, or use Game Center to go one-on-one against friends and other golfers from around the world.
Play Par Out Golf over and over again! The game is never the same twice and certainly not as easy as it sounds!
Unlock new courses and earn badges the better you play!
Use Game Center to quickly invite others to play. Be on the fairway with friends in seconds!
Family friendly! Play with your kids. Teach them the game of golf. Or, they may teach YOU a thing or two.
Earn bragging rights and crush your friends. Watch the Game Center leader-board and track scores from all over the world.
Uncomplicated. Challenging. Addicting. Social. Just like the real thing!
Based on the award-winning Par Out Golf: The Links at PenHurst Board Game. www.paroutgolf.com.

icepulse's comments:
Anyway, I love "alternative" golf apps, so I grab 'em when I can. Took a $2 shot on this one, and I love it like mad.

Highly recommended, and I'm no shill. Check my post history.

Anyway, I'm "Gee!!" in Game Center, so come get some, ya wee duffers!!

04-21-2011, 11:51 PM
I bought this a couple days back and love it. This is an outstanding line drawing game that is much more polished than the other similar games.

Perfect touch controls, polished graphics, four player local play and online play.

04-21-2011, 11:54 PM
I'll add you.
04-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icepulse View Post
I'll add you.
Okay.

The only thing I would like to see added is the ability to add names during local multiplayer.
04-21-2011, 11:58 PM

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
04-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Doesn't work on my iPad2

This looks like it might be enjoyable, but screen taps aren't registering on my iPad2 or iPhone 4. I can't get past the tutorial stage because the game isn't responding to screen touches. It's simply unplayable. I also noticed that it blocks incoming calls on the iPhone 4 and sends them directly to voice mail.

Last edited by Grist; 04-22-2011 at 08:01 AM.
04-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
This looks like it might be enjoyable, but screen taps aren't registering on my iPad2 or iPhone 4. I can't get past the tutorial stage because the game isn't responding to screen touches. It's simply unplayable. I also noticed that it blocks incoming calls on the iPhone 4 and sends them directly to voice mail.
Same problem.

I had to delete and reinstall, then reboot. Those problems vanished.

Now it's totally trouble-free.
04-22-2011, 10:15 AM
After contacting the developer about the glitches I experienced during the tutorial stage, he replied with the following email:

Yes, we are aware of the problem you have encountered and we already have a fix that we plan to release soon. This problem only occurs on the tutorial hole, once you get past that hole everything should work correctly.

Here is what you can do to get past the tutorial. The problem only occurs if your shot goes out of bounds or hits a tree in the tutorial. To avoid this problem, first reset your device to make sure the app is no longer running. Then after the reset, launch the app and play the tutorial again, but be careful with your shots and try to stay in the fairway and avoid the trees. I would suggest just taking several short shots to make sure you stay on course. Once you complete the tutorial hole, your first course will unlock and you should be able to play without any problem. The other holes do not have this problem.
04-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I picked this up today on your recommendation. Pretty cool so far, very unique gameplay.
04-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurloes View Post
I picked this up today on your recommendation. Pretty cool so far, very unique gameplay.

It's a "one more turn" kind of thing that kept me up 'till 1AM.

I sent an email to the developer, saying that asynchronous online play will give it real longevity. Look at "Disc Drivin'". Theres always a challenger, and the game is huge. Lot's of opponents.

Look at "Lead Wars". Awesome game, but you need to devote 40 min. minimum, if you want an online challenge. Consequently, it's languishing in the "buried under shovelware" column.

The recently added a map editor and AI, so I really recommend it, but asynchronous is where it's at.
I'd be playing 3 simultaneous "Worms 2" games a day, if only Team 17 would keep their promises.