★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Please search for and download, "Ricky Carmichael's Motocross Matchup Pro" for the latest version of this game!
04-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

04-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Can't believe its free...IAP I presume

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 04-22-2011 at 03:12 AM. Reason: removed appinfo
04-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the updated Appinfo/links guys.

From what I can tell, it is free with IAP. The graphics are stunning as expected by 2XL, there's tilt and touch controls, and it's all so far 1 vs 1 online match-ups through auto match or GC invites. The freemium model works like ngmocos style(eliminate, God Finger, Touchpets, etc) but with 3 gas tanks(1 per play) that has what looks to be a 3 hour timer to get more gas. You can buy more gas refills through IAP as well as different character/bike models, Gold Wrenches(which you can also pick up in games that are used as currency to buy more characters and performance upgrades), and XP to speed up your leveling process. Looks like freemium done right IMO because there is nothing you absolutely have to buy(you can earn it all if your patient). The controls are very fluid too. No disconnects or lag so far either...

Game Center: Diligence
04-22-2011, 01:01 AM
It's iAP based right?

Edit: Thanks!

Twitter: @back2this
04-22-2011, 02:45 AM
I don't like it,it's very simple. No preload,no brake,no tricks..

The online mode gave me the impression that if you start well,you win. It doesn't matter that much how you take the corners or how you jump (you can't preload the suspension)..

I was expecting a 2XL Supercross game with better graphics and the features of ATV Offroad.

IMO,ATV Offroad is the best game of the series,even if I don't like ATVs..

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7

Last edited by tonydeli7; 04-22-2011 at 05:57 AM.
04-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeli7 View Post
I don't like it,it's very simple. No preload,no brake,no tricks..

The online mode gave me the impression that if you start well,you win. It doesn't matter that much how you take the corners or how you jump (you can't preload the suspension)..

I was expecting a 2XL Supercross game with better graphics and the features of ATV Offroad.

IMO,ATV Offroad is the best game of the series,even if I don't like ATVs..
There are tricks...

04-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Just like the others

It saddens me that a company with so much artistic talent can't get simple race mechanics down.

Once again it feels like the game plays itself. It is hard to crash or land wrong. As with all their other titles, there is little to no change in gameplay. 2xl trophylite could have been really brilliant and the same is said about this title. They obviously never listen to feedback.
04-22-2011, 02:56 PM
It's not too bad, the online component is great, but the IAP's are rediculous. I would rather pay $4.99 - $6.99 for the full game without IAP than to get the game for free. I have to wait 7 Hours for my gas can to fill up...

04-22-2011, 03:29 PM
IAP? Ugh, what happened to the App Store?? Hackers screwed everything up.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero