★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Tokkao
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 23.3 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: -----
Featured as New and Noteworthy in over 70 countries!
-----
Get ready for an amazing adventure! Fly your way through the colorful world of Air Chix. Conquer the jungle; rise to the sky. Don't let the Mighty Pumas leave you behind!

-----

THE CRITICS LOVE IT!

"... Air Chix, an unusual platforming game that youll never want to put down." (iPad Version)
-appepic.com (4 out of 5 stars )

"Air Chicks has great stylized graphics that has sunsets and weather which makes for an interesting game."
- theappinformer.com

"Thankfully, incredibly responsive tap-and-release controls and faultless flight physics mean navigating the drifting debris is a cinch. "
- iFanzine.com

"The game is quite addictive"
- MMOFury, Down Time.

"We're talking light entertainment for the iPhone that is cute and addictive"
- CM Boots-Faubert, GamingUpdate

"Definitely fun, original and a challenge. Good stuff."
- Bunglez, Touch Arcade Forum (Senior Member) Review
-----
Whoever said little chicks could not fly? Air Chix will prove them wrong! Join this brave little chick on his amazing adventure and hop on his paper airplane to soar through the sky collecting items while flying along many colorful levels.

Help Chix obtain these powerful and ancient golden idols in this simple one-touch flying experience. Travel the many levels while enjoying luscious fruits to improve your score. The faster you get the treasure in each level, the higher your score will be. To help Chix move along quicker, gather Star Fruits to gain a speed boost for his amazing paper airplane.

Share your results with others. Use OpenFeint or GameCenter to show the world just how good you are. *** Highlights ***

Easy to play with a one touch control system
Colorful and fun levels
Enhanced graphics for retina display.
Unlock Special levels for exciting extra challenges
OpenFeint and GameCenter integration
Leader boards and achievements

Don't let the Mighty Pumas stop you from getting your treasure!

tokkao's comments:
** New Update released (06-25-2011)

Mayor Update Version 2.0
New update for a greater, better, and improved Air Chix experience.
* New Mighty Pumas come to defend their golden idols.
* More Challenging than ever.
* Improved scoring system will make you play smarter.
* Even more trophies to collect.

New Cover

New Enemies to Evade

Brand New Map Design

Sunset in the Sky

iTunes Description:
Whoever said little chicks could not fly? Air Chix will prove them wrong! Join this brave little chick on his amazing adventure and hop on his paper airplane to soar through the sky collecting items while flying along many colorful levels.

Help Chix obtain these powerful and ancient golden idols in this simple one-touch flying experience. Travel the many levels while enjoying luscious fruits to improve your score. The faster you get the treasure in each level, the higher your score will be. To help Chix move along quicker, gather Star Fruits to gain a speed boost for his amazing paper airplane.

Share your results with others. Use OpenFeint or GameCenter to show the world just how good you are. *** Highlights ***

★ Easy to play with a one touch control system
★ Colorful and fun levels
★ Enhanced graphics for retina display.
★ Unlock Special levels for exciting extra challenges
★ OpenFeint and GameCenter integration
★ Leader boards and achievements

Adventure/Side-Scrolling game with a simple one touch gameplay and colorful levels. We will appreciate comments about the game either here, or in our facebook page .
04-23-2011, 09:54 AM
After a great launch day.

Did anyone here got a chance to get it free the first day?

04-23-2011, 10:04 AM
No,

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
04-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Video Review for Air Chix 4/5

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-29-2011, 08:47 AM
Lite Version Released Today

Here is a link to the Lite version, for those who like trying before buying .
iTunes Link for Air Chix Lite
If you have any impressions from the full game or the Lite version, please share with us in the forum. We'll love to hear what you think about the game.
04-29-2011, 09:21 AM
I got it while it was free. Will check it out.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
04-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokkao View Post
YouTube: video
LMFAO. Most mental review i've evr seen.

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
04-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglez View Post
LMFAO. Most mental review i've evr seen.
It is a bit difficult to get media attention. We are grateful for any reviews or comments so we can improve either on our next game or any updates for Air Chix.

Last edited by tokkao; 04-29-2011 at 09:40 PM.
05-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Update about the game status

We have been featured as New and Noteworthy in more than 70 countries (including US). Any suggestions as how to improve reviewers awareness. We would love to have our game reviewed. Thanks.
05-01-2011, 04:55 PM
It's quite a solid game. The graphics are surprisingly good, considering the Unity logo at startup. The main character is well detailed cute and likeable. Animations are fairly smooth, although I do get a feeling of jerkiness occasionally when playing. This could be due to the movement/controls being quite stop and start, rather than smooth. It's only a slight thing and doesn't affect gameplay. It is noticeable though.

The gameplay mechanic involves the player tapping the screen to gain height. Forward motion is automatic. While the chick travels, the player needs to collect as much fruit as possible. This means the flightpath necessary is rather up and down. It's fairly challenging, and miss too many fruit and a star won't be created. Collect 5 stars on each level to get maximum score.

Presentation is really smart. The colour scheme is bright without being sore on the eyes. The layered in-game backgrounds are well rendered and even have some nifty day / night and lense flare effects.

The sounds are nicely done too. A charming, but cutesy, energetic classical / bemaniso mash-up.

The loading screen is rather plain. If it improves loading speed, then fair enough. The game plays, loads and navigates pretty fast anyway.

Controls are accurate, although the simple tap could wear thin after prolongued use. Perhaps something to swipe (Rocket boost?) or enemies to tap would help.

A little more meaning to the fruit abd Golden statue would be great too. They look nice, but could collecting them add up to some kind of reward / achievement?

This is one game that could do with less sharp graphics. I tried it on an iPod touch 3rd gen, and preferred the look to the retina screen I tested on. A bit more of a hand-drawn look would soften the edges a bit.

There's plenty of levels (18 it looks like) I'm on the 5th, and it's taken a while, so it seems like a fairly long challenge.

Definitely fun, original and a challenge. Good stuff. I'll look forward to some updates.