★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: any other games out there like Warfare, Inc.?

04-09-2009, 09:48 AM
any other games out there like Warfare, Inc.?

really like this and these types of games!
04-09-2009, 10:18 AM
nothing as good of quality. I love these games too and hopefully more will come out, but this is the best type of rts out right now

Plus+ Name: kuler51
OpenFeint Name: kuler51
--Add Me--

04-09-2009, 10:26 AM
the only other one is Strategic Assault, which is very cheap, not as high quality.
04-09-2009, 08:46 PM
I bought Strategic Assault back when it was first released. There weren't a lot of game choices back then, and it was okay at the time, but I would definitely not recommend it now... Actually, I wouldn't even have recommended it back then. I played maybe 7 levels, and then never bothered to finish it, even though I only had 3 games at the time.

Hopefully there will be more good strategy games in the future. Until then, I have to settle for TD games, which are abundant (and I believe I have bought all of them already, thanks to the evil posted on Touch Arcade who TEMPT ME CONSTANTLY!)

I am very happy about the iTunes gift card sale I found this week. Just in time to reload my account.... again.....
04-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by baroqen View Post
I am very happy about the iTunes gift card sale I found this week. Just in time to reload my account.... again.....
Care to enlighten us?
04-09-2009, 08:56 PM
I was worried about possibly breaking any forum rules, but I just checked them again, and this isn't prohibited.

I found a sale at Best Buy for a $30 multi-pack (3 $10 cards) for $25. It's 5 bucks off (I get a little bit more for their reward program). In the store I went, they had iTunes cards all over, but these multi-packs were only right by the iPods. Nowhere else. Remember. It has to be the pack of 3, $10 cards. It's a little more of a pain to enter 3 codes, but it's worth it for $5. I might buy another pack, since I've been spending around $10-$15 a week since I started reading these forums.
04-09-2009, 09:08 PM
heh-heh, 15 bucks a week? you must be pretty thrifty

nah just kidding, but I do spend an average of $30 a month on apps.
04-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I have been TRYING to be as thrifty as possible! I have 3 car payments (with accompanying insurance) and a mortgage. Touch Arcade is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Haha. Well, maybe it isn't that extreme, but it's definitely caused me to spend a lot more than anticipated on iTunes. I've actually been trying to limit myself as much as possible to just $.99 stuff, but I've paid as much as $4.99 for apps so far. I've been mainly catching stuff on sale, but of course... as soon as it goes on sale, everyone posts about it, and then I have to buy it!!!
04-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Hooray! Thread derailed.

Personally, I can't wait for EA's Command and Conquer. But only after NFS comes out...

First game in progress...
04-09-2009, 09:52 PM
hehehe, EA, hehehe

have fun waiting for EA to get their asses in gear, while you do that I'll be playing LiveFire and UniWars