★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Football Manager Handheld 2011 - iPad HD now available

04-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Football Manager Handheld 2011 (iPad HD) - 2.5 update released

Hi,

A new update for Football Manager Handheld was released yesterday which makes the existing iPhone game a Universal application and includes a new HD skin specifically for the iPad.

This gives iPad users a custom UI taking advantage of the additional space and higher resolution to give them an even better gameplay experience.

If you already owned FMHi on the iPad then as usual this update is free (just download and install it) - if you haven't got the same already then it is available at its normal price in the iTunes AppStore.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 06-05-2011 at 12:48 PM.
04-22-2011, 11:52 AM
This is hewg. A developer that actually does what every single iDevice user always begs for; go universal at no extra charge. Props. Doesn't hurt that it's the best in breed for the genre either.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

04-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
This is hewg. A developer that actually does what every single iDevice user always begs for; go universal at no extra charge. Props. Doesn't hurt that it's the best in breed for the genre either.
Indeed - FM is a instabuy every year for me on Mac and usually handhelds, but this year I held out for a universal version (delighted to be current again).
04-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Hello Marc,
it is really great to have the best Football Manager for the iDevice now also for the iPad ... but there is one small thing you should update: There is no way to rotate the screen. On the iPhone it is no big thing but on my iPad it is a real fail ... I use the iPad 2 with Smartcover and now FM is upside down.

Regards,
Sascha

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
04-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Hello Marc,
it is really great to have the best Football Manager for the iDevice now also for the iPad ... but there is one small thing you should update: There is no way to rotate the screen. On the iPhone it is no big thing but on my iPad it is a real fail ... I use the iPad 2 with Smartcover and now FM is upside down.
A couple of people have mentioned this - its a fair enough comment and I'll look into it for the next update.

(I don't have an iPad 2 let alone a smartcover yet so wasn't aware of this .... ..... I do have one on order though )

Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 04-23-2011 at 03:06 PM.
04-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Fine, thanks for that. I hope it is not a big thing to build in.

Happy easter days,
Sascha

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
04-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Fine, thanks for that. I hope it is not a big thing to build in.
Just to confirm - its in and I'm working through the 'kinks' now, so all being well it'll be present in the next update released (few weeks time most likely).
04-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Agree on the rotation but tis a small woe to the greatness on display,my life is over and iPad continues to be the best thing I ever bought.
04-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Great update! I've been playing this game on the iPad on double resolution and when I first launched it after updating (didn't read the description) I was incredibly surprised!

I have noticed that the animations on the game simulator are quite slow, compared with the previous version.

Also, there's a bug with corner kicks: my player shoots to my own keeper and then I get a penalty. It's happened twice already. Fix?
05-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by appfreak View Post
Great update! I've been playing this game on the iPad on double resolution and when I first launched it after updating (didn't read the description) I was incredibly surprised!
Glad you're enjoying it

Quote:
I have noticed that the animations on the game simulator are quite slow, compared with the previous version.
Can you please indicate which iOS version you're running and I presume you're on an iPad 1? - it should run at a fairly decent frame rate, but its shifting a LOT of pixels now its full-sized.

Quote:
Also, there's a bug with corner kicks: my player shoots to my own keeper and then I get a penalty. It's happened twice already. Fix?
I'm trying to track this down - unfortunately its 'timing related' so when I view it in the debugger its 'gone' because the time I'm viewing it affects the data I'm inspecting ... I'll get it eventually, apologies for any inconvenience this causes you.