★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Adventure games, specifically Jake Hunter

04-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Adventure games, specifically Jake Hunter

Can I get some critique? I happen to come across 2 jake hunter games and I was wondering how interactive they are, and how long to complete. Also which episode is good to start with. Worth the $3 or are there better choices like CSI maybe?

Thanks in advance
04-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Come on now, no-one has played these games?

04-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'Star View Post
Come on now, no-one has played these games?
I like these types of games too but I haven't played Jake Hunter yet. I have that 1112 game which is pretty cool.

It's not to often there is discussion on this type of game sadly. I do recall someone making a comment on it in a thread. Your best bet is to use the search feature. I'm sure you will find mention of it in past threads.
04-09-2009, 01:01 PM
I really enjoyed both Jake Hunter games. I think Seaside mystery is the better one. The interactivity is very little though... I don't really remember how long it took... maybe around 2 hours altogether...

I think the best adventure game on the app store is Soul Trapper... but it is an audio adventure with minimal graphics. I think it was longer than the Jake Hunter games, and it had more interesting gameplay elements. And a really great story. Top notch voice acting...
04-09-2009, 01:03 PM
what about hysteria project? i heard that is good.
04-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'Star View Post
Can I get some critique? I happen to come across 2 jake hunter games and I was wondering how interactive they are, and how long to complete. Also which episode is good to start with. Worth the $3 or are there better choices like CSI maybe?

Thanks in advance
CSI isn't really adventure game - unlike 1112 or the traditional interactive fiction titles. That is, if you're into real adventures, it's better not to purchase CSI.
04-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Someone could make a deal with the ex-Legend Entertainment folks on porting their old adventures (both interactive fictions like the Spellcasting / Gateway-series, Eric the Unready, Timequest and the later click-based ones) to the iPhone... even their earliest games can be entirely played without having to use the (virtual) keyboard.
04-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Just to add to The Hysteria Project... I picked it up and really liked it a lot... but then I was done with it in about 15 minutes. It was a great 15 minutes, but i was shocked at how short it was. And, yes, it didn't tell a whole story, or even part of a story. it was like the opening scene to a Horror Flick before the credits roll.

It looks like they're going to release the game in episodes so if this game interests you I would say wait until they release more. Either the rest of the game will come in updates or they'll release it in separate games and the early ones will likely take big price drops so that people will check it out.

But, like I said, the game was really fun and really creepy... just really, really short.

Bob

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5