Let me introduce myself.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MrLeQuack, Apr 23, 2011.

1. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I am a developer from Romania, my first programming language was AS3(Flash), after a couple of years of developing ,the iPhone was launched , after seeing what the device could do, and what other developers have made for it, I really wanted to develop for this platform.The problem was i knew only scripting languages, so when Flash CS5 was launched i was really happy, meaning it allowed me to export projects for the iPhone. I made some small apps, but what CS5 made me realize, was that, Adobe still had a lot of work to do,as it was very limited in terms of iPhone developments i devised to make the jump and star learning Obj-C.

I had no idea what to expect, I started with the Stanford iPhone development course, read a couple of books, i think i read every tutorial i could find!As I wanted to develop games, I turned to Cocos2d, started learning that too, all this took me about 8 months.
    I see a lot of people saying they have a great idea for an iPhone game, and want to learn the SDK to build them, well i had one and it took me about a year to start working on it!

Now I am 3 months into my game, with 23 days to go, I want to launch it o the 16th of May.
    I am a bit nervous as I invested a lot of time and energy in this game,I worked very hard and would not want it to miss!I don't expect to make millions but I would like to see that my work is appreciated.

What's your story like?How did you get started?

2. sunaitis

sunaitis Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Teacher Trainer
    Finland
  3. zswdza

zswdza Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    What kind is your game? If u post some screenshot , I think some guys can give u some advice :)

4. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

I think the old proverb "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst." functions as sound advice when it comes to the AppStore. Good luck though, hope your game is stellar and will become a run-away hit! :)

5. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot guys!Soon I will start posting some screen shots and teasers, trailers etc.