★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

We changed the OpenFeint leaderboard (Achievements) into GameCenter one: was it the r

04-23-2011, 09:11 AM
#1
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 212
We changed the OpenFeint leaderboard (Achievements) into GameCenter one: was it the r

Hi TouchArcade community, fans and developers,

We’ve just released an update to one of our iPhone/iPod touch titles KissIsland 1.5.
Now the game offers both GameCenter and OpenFeint support. When opening up a new game, GameCenter is active by default whereas all players (around 20,000) have been using OpenFeint before (previous versions).

Do you think changing the priority leaderboard was a right decision? Do you think it will help the game gain more popularity? Won’t OpenFeint fans feel offenced?

We’ll much appreciate your feedback!

By the way, if you would like to try out the game, go there:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=92060

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kissisland/id416247004?mt=8

Unleash yourself with Zepi:Classic HD and KissIsland by OstinGames

Follow us on Twitter
04-23-2011, 09:34 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by OstinGames View Post
Hi TouchArcade community, fans and developers,

We’ve just released an update to one of our iPhone/iPod touch titles KissIsland 1.5.
Now the game offers both GameCenter and OpenFeint support. When opening up a new game, GameCenter is active by default whereas all players (around 20,000) have been using OpenFeint before (previous versions).

Do you think changing the priority leaderboard was a right decision? Do you think it will help the game gain more popularity? Won’t OpenFeint fans feel offenced?

We’ll much appreciate your feedback!

By the way, if you would like to try out the game, go there:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=92060

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kissisland/id416247004?mt=8
Without a doubt.

Game Center is now the premium leaderboard and achievement system and i know that it is much faster and easier to use than OpenFeint.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

04-23-2011, 09:46 AM
#3
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Without a doubt.

Game Center is now the premium leaderboard and achievement system and i know that it is much faster and easier to use than OpenFeint.
Completely agree. Game Centre is great. Never really been a fan of OpenFeint.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
04-23-2011, 09:48 AM
#4
Maybe instead of making Game Center the default, you could have given them an option when the game first starts up to either use Game Center or Open Feint. Then they would have the ability to change that option later.

I review apps on my YouTube channel! If you would like me to review your app then message me! CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF GAMES I'VE BETA TESTED
04-23-2011, 09:54 AM
#5
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP9TV1 View Post
Maybe instead of making Game Center the default, you could have given them an option when the game first starts up to either use Game Center or Open Feint. Then they would have the ability to change that option later.
As the Dev says....
Quote:
Now the game offers both GameCenter and OpenFeint support. When opening up a new game, GameCenter is active by default whereas all players (around 20,000) have been using OpenFeint before (previous versions).
GameCenter should be activated by default. It is telling people that the game is better of being played with GameCenter. Some People just want to start a game and play it not have to set up the game network once they have opened the app.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
04-23-2011, 09:56 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP9TV1 View Post
Maybe instead of making Game Center the default, you could have given them an option when the game first starts up to either use Game Center or Open Feint. Then they would have the ability to change that option later.
Just looked at one of your videos nice mustache

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
04-23-2011, 11:47 AM
#7
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,741
I can't stand OpenFeint, but have a problem with Game Center due to being on an iPod and offline most of the time. Achievements simply will not pop unless I'm connected, which is either an oversight or a nasty bug. If that were fixed... Game Center would be my #1 choice. Easier to use, less intrusive, every iDevice sold/updated now has its icon displayed prominently on the springboard... and it's just plain better looking.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-23-2011, 02:50 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I can't stand OpenFeint, but have a problem with Game Center due to being on an iPod and offline most of the time. Achievements simply will not pop unless I'm connected, which is either an oversight or a nasty bug. If that were fixed... Game Center would be my #1 choice. Easier to use, less intrusive, every iDevice sold/updated now has its icon displayed prominently on the springboard... and it's just plain better looking.
Actually, this all depends on the devs. They're responsible for coding and incorporating GC into their games. Some games, like you say, don't count the achievements you earned if you're not online. However, quite a few games are "backward-syncing" and will indeed add your achievements the next time you open the game with an established connection.

But definitely, Openfeint just feels so messy. GameCenter wins in my book in just about every way. The only complaint I have is that you can't message friends. I get not being able to send messages to strangers, but once they're on your friend's list, you really should be able to communicate with each other.

Twitter: @back2this
04-24-2011, 02:35 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Just looked at one of your videos nice mustache
Haha, thanks

I review apps on my YouTube channel! If you would like me to review your app then message me! CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF GAMES I'VE BETA TESTED