★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This is not another Duck Hunt clone folks! Built from the ground up for iOS devices, Duck Shot is an amazing blend or retro style and modern gameplay.

Pull back on your huge slingshot and launch rocks at the flying ducks. Each duck you hit will drop coins or power-ups. Use lightning and fireballs to sizzle them! Getting them all won't be easy though. The wind will get stronger as you complete levels and your shots will curve. Smite multiple ducks to score combos, or use precise aim to hit pond ducks for big rewards. Whatever you do, don't let the ducks escape!

-Reached #1 overall app in Saudi Arabia!

FEATURES

-Complete objectives to upgrade your slingshot

-Collect awesome powerups

-Day & night cycle

-Dynamic wind, which can curve your shot

-Special enemy ducks

Also try other Crazybreadman Games!

Doodle Cannon

Traffic Ninja

Tilt Toy

Crazybreadman's comments:

Here's a gameplay video of Duck Shot for your viewing pleasure.

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the promo CBMan. I've gotten a chance to play a few rounds and have to say that the game has so far been pretty well made. After the initial getting used to of controls, I was able to grasp the gameplay. The object is to hit all of the ducks entering the screen periodically, by dragging on the slingshot to the desired angle. This unique control scheme is responsive and easy to use. The upgrade system is very well done, and the overall features/extra additions to help/hinder you are just absolutely sweet! The simple artwork is great for retro, pixel artwork buffs, like many of you are.

All in, the game's uber-casual gameplay is really just grasping, well worth the $0.99 price tag. Highly recommended.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!

Last edited by nikhsterboi; 04-23-2011 at 06:07 PM.

04-23-2011, 09:36 PM
@nikhsterboi- Thanks man, I'm glad your having fun w/ it. If you have any suggestions for the update I'm working on let me know.

@ Everyone- Earlier I noticed the app store was freaking out and not accessing Duck Shot. It would say it's not available even though the icon was showing. Well, it looks like that problem was fixed so go ahead and check it out now if you couldn't before.
04-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Send a message via AIM to Sparks
Kinda cool :P

Check out my newest game 'Tiled': 'Tiled' (iTunes)
04-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks Sparks

Just added a gameplay video to the top.
04-24-2011, 11:47 AM

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
04-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks a lot for your msg ! Still interested !
04-25-2011, 10:06 AM
@ Nikhsterboi- oooh, extra large video...

Crazybreadman Games
04-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Duck Shot is featured in the action/arcade "New & Noteworthy" sections, woot! Hope it gets the main N&N on Thursday

Crazybreadman Games
04-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Aim and Fire.
That's the premise here. You (the player) are in control of a catapult. Birds fly across the screen, you try and hit them. Simples

There's powerups which give you a more powerful shot, coins to collect, objectives to achieve and wind to deal with. While the graphics are very simple, they fit the arcade feel. The physics seem fine, the controls work well and there are a few incentives to keep you playing. The difficulty curve seems fair and the I found the gameplay fairly entertaining, if a bit repetitive. The music is very intense. Too intense for my liking, but at least there's an option to turn it off.

If you like the look of the screenshots, and enjoy a simple aim and shoot arcade game, Duck Shot is a decent example of the genre. You could do a lot worse, and perhaps a little better. I would put this above average, for sure.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.