★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Little dragon - Fast paced platform action

04-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Little dragon - Fast paced platform action

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hi,

This is our upcoming game "little dragon" - we wanted to make a fast paced action platformer, like a retro styled arcade game where you jump and shoot as a maniac - and of cause try to stay alive.

Right now we are finalizing the game, optimizing the performance and bug testing for a release in may.

Description:
It's all about speed and agility when you take control of little dragon. Survive waves of monsters while jumping around platforms.

Grab chewing-gum, it's Little Dragons source of energy. SMASH, SHOOT, BOMB and BLAST monsters and collect coins to buy new ammo.

Explore this one stage game with different unique level designs - beat the higscore and be a true dragon master.

http://www.skiproachstudio.com
Attached Images

04-24-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm loving the simplicity of the animation and effects. It's nice to see a game that doesn't get lost in fancy effects but concentrates on nice game experience. I can enjoy both, but lately there's been quite a bunch of overeffected and stylized games, so this seems like a nice change. Pure and subtle to the point. Special ideas look cool as well.

I understand the shop idea being there, it just doesn't fit for the games character, from a logical point of view. At least it seems a bit forced with not even bothering giving it another name or having a more elaborate way of doing it.

Very solid work, alltogether !

15 Coins - @Toucharcade

My humble Portfolio: www.acumen-design.de/blog
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/fabi_smith
04-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
I'm loving the simplicity of the animation and effects. It's nice to see a game that doesn't get lost in fancy effects but concentrates on nice game experience. I can enjoy both, but lately there's been quite a bunch of overeffected and stylized games, so this seems like a nice change. Pure and subtle to the point. Special ideas look cool as well.

I understand the shop idea being there, it just doesn't fit for the games character, from a logical point of view. At least it seems a bit forced with not even bothering giving it another name or having a more elaborate way of doing it.

Very solid work, alltogether !
Thanks for the comment, glad you like what you see. We truly understand what you are saying about the shop thing. maybe it should look different, but we think it suit the game very well. What we are aiming for is a Quick simple way to upgrade/buy and then back into the action.
05-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Here's a little video edit with some gameplay. We are almost done with the game, just need gamecenter leaderboards to be implemented.

Youtube link | Pop Up
06-15-2011, 04:05 PM
The game is now released.

Follow the other Little Dragon post on ipad released games here:http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=97473