★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Silent Scope

04-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Silent Scope

OK this one better not be an April Fool's joke.

Quote:
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., announced today the upcoming release of an iPhone version of its arcade shooter Silent Scope. Originally released in 1999, the game puts players in the shoes of the world's best sniper, tasked with rescuing the First Family from terrorists in Chicago.

Silent Scope is a rails shooter, guiding the player through a fixed path like so many other arcade shooters back in the day (Remember arcades?). Konami says the game is "designed to take full advantage of Apple's innovative Multi-Touch user interface" by using tap-to-shoot controls.
This version will feature both a Training Mode and Arcade Mode, which features the Story, Shooting Gallery or Time Attack.

"With the release of Silent Scope on the iPhone and iPod touch, we're substantiating our commitment to developing quality content that takes our top franchise titles and turns them into an on-the-go gaming experience," said Anthony Borquez, Vice President of Konami Mobile and Online. "Silent Scope allows players to conceal their firearms and perfect their sharpshooting skills wherever they go."

- Slidetoplay (again)
04-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Here's a batch of screens from the iPhone version courtesy of IGN:

Looks... erm... ok I guess. I suppose givent that it's a port of an old game it was to be expected! Still, hopefully it's better the Metal Gear Solid Touch.

Kris

04-11-2009, 01:23 AM
The screenshots remind me of Time Crisis but a sniper version.

Touch K.O. Knockout Kid
04-14-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm a little late but looks like the impressions were ok, not too good not too bad. From the front page article, it still looks like a must have for me. I mean seriously, who doesn't want Silent Scope for the iPhone?

(That was a rhetorical question. Don't respond with me.)
04-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Definite pickup for .99
04-14-2009, 12:53 PM
gameplay video from slide to play com:

i will pass.

Last edited by salsamd; 04-14-2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: hd
04-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
Definite pickup for .99
what?
it will be 6.99$
04-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post
what?
it will be 6.99$
He was probably joking.

The video looks really, really nice imo. The gameplay seems smooth and the menu screens look well laid out. My only problem: price.

6.99???!?!??!!!?! I mean come on...Konami really needs to stop overpricing their games *cough* Frogger *cough* and get some quality games and quality prices (i.e. 5.99 USD).
04-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Well, most of these big companies like Konami will want $6.99 for their $1.99 game......We will see if this is the case. If so, I will pass.

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
04-14-2009, 01:54 PM
There seems to be a massive delay from when he fires and when the bullet hits.... is this the distance it has to travel?

Also the controls look really hard to use.
Silent scope calls for some quick shots at times and from that video they look impossible.

Couple that with the overpricing:value for money of MGSTouch... which... dont get me wrong... i enjoy... i just think Konami don't have a clue about their market here.

99p gets you a quality game from chillingo or ngmoco... names you KNOW that will push out a good iphone game... and from those publishers i am happy to pay more once in a while as you can almost guarantee quality.... Konami churn out some rehash of old games and implement them poorly and think that its ok to charge well above what anything else is priced at.

I dont get it.

Although i guess plently of people must be buying them or they would have given up after MGS duck hunt.