★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

A Puppet's Story it's FREE! Happy Easter!

04-24-2011, 09:53 AM
A Puppet's Story it's FREE! Happy Easter!

Only for April 24 it's free! Donwload it now

Youtube link | Pop Up

04-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Please, give some time to AppStore for updating the price...

04-24-2011, 10:27 AM
It is showing up as free now. This is a really great game, I especially like the look. I also like how you were influenced by another game but added some cool elements so that it could stand on it's own.
04-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Cute Video. Looks fun. Thanks for the Easter gift.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
04-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the free game! Looks cool

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-24-2011 at 01:01 PM.
04-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Thank you guys! Please leave a review to help us
We want develop cool updates like multiplayer mode and quests!
04-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Alright, I got this game a few days ago and thought I'd give it a go, and first off I have to say this game is hard, at least for me. But it's quite enjoyable as well. This is one of those games where you try to stay alive as long as possible to build a highscore. Anyways, here's what I thought of it.

The art style and music are really cute and charming, andf go perfectly together. The music isn't exactly entertaining, but fits the art and quirky gameplay quite nicely.

The gameplay consists of you basically jumping from planet to planet to survive and build a highscore. That may sound simple, but your little puppet that you're moving is constantly moving, so you have to wait until the right moment to jump, or else you'll be doomed to die suffocating in space (your puppet has an oxygen meter that slowly runs out while you're in space). What's more, the planet that you're on is shrinking quickly, so you don't exactly have time to think. And to top it off, there are enemy puppets that are also wandering the planets who will make you explode if you touch them.

Anyways, since I couldn't last more than 2 minutes (I know, I suck), that's pretty much what I got. There may be more dangerous obstacles/enemies once your score gets high enough. Also, there really isn't much of a story. I know the app description tells you what's going on, but nothing in the game actually tells you what is going on, though I suppose that's a trivial matter.

I would've loved if there was a campaign with levels in this game in addition to this endless mode. One that started easy and gradually got harder. And the story, though not mentioned in the game, is already there. I think that would be a great addition.

Anywho, if you're up for a challenge and are looking for a cute game with some charming music, I'd recommend this to you.
04-26-2011, 12:20 PM
The campaign is a great idea! We've a lot work to do but your post is encouraging
First step:
- make a better tutorial and make the first jumps easier
- insert "health points". You can touch enemies without die immediately.
- a new "mysterious" ability
04-28-2011, 05:13 PM
I moved the talk to the main thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=1710308