★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

BoxBug 1.0.2 waiting for review

04-24-2011, 10:41 AM
#1
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: China ChongQing
Posts: 15
BoxBug 1.0.2 waiting for review

BoxBug1.0.2 is waiting for review.I add 38 levels, now it have 118 levels. and I change all pictures, make the game like doodle style for good feeling when u play it. I think most friends don't know how to start play the new puzzle game, because it have sepcial simple rules, simple box and bug can make u feel puzzling.
so i upload a video about the BoxBug 1.0.2 to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xoyc4B4Ia2o
by the way, sorry for the low detail video cause my low detail camera.
04-24-2011, 12:18 PM
#2
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 265
Man, what a shame this low resolution thing is the only piece of media you're sharing. Come one, don't be shy and at least get up some screenshots. Cause I'm sure this ain't helping, with the tiny tidbit of info, you're offering :/

15 Coins - @Toucharcade

My humble Portfolio: www.acumen-design.de/blog
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/fabi_smith

04-24-2011, 09:40 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: China ChongQing
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
Man, what a shame this low resolution thing is the only piece of media you're sharing. Come one, don't be shy and at least get up some screenshots. Cause I'm sure this ain't helping, with the tiny tidbit of info, you're offering :/
sorry, sorry for my media that make u feel puzzling too much.


ScreenShot of BoxBug 1.0.2






Last edited by comtefly; 04-24-2011 at 11:14 PM.
04-24-2011, 11:17 PM
#4
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by comtefly View Post
sorry, sorry for my media that make u feel puzzling too much.


ScreenShot of BoxBug 1.0.2





They don't look anywhere near bright enough for a game.
Doodle has been done over and over again. Try a different kind of color design. Like Retro or just regular colors.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
04-25-2011, 01:30 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: China ChongQing
Posts: 15
The pictures used in BoxBug Designed and drawn by myself, it's a little hard for a beginner in art design. so i hope BoxBug can be grown up by all of you any kind of advices, thank u.
04-25-2011, 05:02 AM
#6
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 265
The ingame gfx looks really nice. I think you could make it a bit more contrasting. Also have the black borders of the blocks be squiqqly like the inside, so it's not that straight cutout looking. Kinda ruins the handdrawn look for me.

That said, everything else loooks so rushed. Please consider redoing the menu and level selection screen in proper quality. It looks like you got tired after really pushing the ingame part, that you just spit the rest out inbetween a walk to the toilet and dinner time. I don't even really understand how you could let this slip through in that state. You must be aware of the huge different in quality between ingame and menu art, aren't you ?

Please polish it some more to have a consistent level of quality, and you have something nice on your plate

15 Coins - @Toucharcade

My humble Portfolio: www.acumen-design.de/blog
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/fabi_smith
04-25-2011, 09:04 AM
#7
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: China ChongQing
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
The ingame gfx looks really nice. I think you could make it a bit more contrasting. Also have the black borders of the blocks be squiqqly like the inside, so it's not that straight cutout looking. Kinda ruins the handdrawn look for me.

That said, everything else loooks so rushed. Please consider redoing the menu and level selection screen in proper quality. It looks like you got tired after really pushing the ingame part, that you just spit the rest out inbetween a walk to the toilet and dinner time. I don't even really understand how you could let this slip through in that state. You must be aware of the huge different in quality between ingame and menu art, aren't you ?

Please polish it some more to have a consistent level of quality, and you have something nice on your plate

yes, I will make it better for next update of BoxBug. very thank u for u advices.