★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Please Check Out " iMake Lollipops! Lollipop Maker by Cubic Frog Apps! "

You are a colorful Blob! Change your color and tilt the device left and right to catch matching color falling gels! One Touch Game for Everyone!

App Safari Review: I love it when apps execute something simple amazingly well! App Safari Rating:5/5

Gel Mania is a Super Fun, Challenging, Addictive, Colorful 3D Speed Game for EVERYONE! Pure Arcade Game with an Addictive Quality!

Please Make sure to UPDATE your iOS for the best performance.

Featured by Apple on New and Noteworthy and What's Hot

Features

Accelerometer One Touch Game
HD Graphic-Retina Support!
Amazing Sound Effects!
Amazing 3D Graphics and Bright Lively Colors
100+ Levels on each difficulty mode
18 Levels on Eat Big Mode
24 Fun Achievements including Puppy Gel, Goo Machine, and more!
14 Surprises In Game Rewards including Angry Eyes, Monster City, Old Man Shirt, and more!
4 Different Themes: Gelorama, Splatorama, Googoorama, Bloborama.
Amazing Robot theme I AM ROBOT!-In App Purchase!
Game Center Enabled: Challenge your Family, Friends and the World!
FaceBook Connect

Reviews

Very fun and the best graphics I have seen to date!!!Five Stars!!
Awesome
This game is awesome!!!so addictive and challenging. Great Job!

Cubic Frog Apps is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-10,11-12,all,parents
Categories: Games,Action,Arcade,Parents

4dfrog's comments:
Hi All,

This is my first time I'm posting on this forum, I just found out about it. So, here is my new game Gel Mania, it got released 2 days ago, and yesterday got to the Kids and Family-New and Noteworthy
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gel-mania/id428956733?mt=8
I like the game and I think it's a simple casual game, but I'm not sure If I'm on the right category and If my marketing plan is correct since I did not get enough downloads.
I have the game in Kids and Family, I'm thinking about changing it to Family and Arcade??? Or Action and Arcade??
Also, the app is free but I have the In App Purchase for the Full Version, which give you a lot more as far as the gameplay, themes, in game rewards,Achievements, .... So, My Other question is isn't it better If I include everything in the same version and sell the whole thing for only .99?

PLEASE HELP, SINCE I HAVE THE UPDATE IN REVIEW AND I NEED TO CHANGE THE CATEGORY SOON. Thank you
It would be great if you can rate this also.
04-24-2011, 11:35 AM

04-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Maybe the size is too big. I would have downloaded it if it was less than 20mb so that I can get it with 3G net.
04-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to 4dfrog
Thanks, yes, this is definitely a huge issue that I have to fix on the next update. Sepcially because of the Genre of my game, Small size is the must. Thank you for your help
04-24-2011, 08:34 PM
The games is decent and intriguing for adults as well. Why not just put them in the catogery of family and arcade?
So specifically the free means lite version? The price of .99$ + lite is average and better..
04-24-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure about category stuff but if there is an IAP for full version, you better state that in the description somewhat prominently. Either that or turn it into a full Ad-supported version with a $0.99 iap to remove ads.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
04-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Personally I think people are concerning more about the games in action and arcade catergories.
04-24-2011, 09:31 PM
First look

Firstly: I think the icon is abstract, tells us nothing, and looks sloppy. When I go to the main games page I look at icons. Almost always a good game is accompanied by a pretty, interesting, or dramatic icon to grab our attention. To be frank, yours repels me. I would have never even looked at the game if I wasnt a daily visitor of Toucharcade. Im trying to actually be constructive, I do hope your game sells well.

Secondly: From the pics on your game page its difficult to determine what the point of the game is. You might not be able to

As to the actual question you asked, where should you place your new and noteworthy game? Action/Arcade IMO.
04-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to 4dfrog
@alain91

Thanks, So, the thing is right now I only have one version and the full version is only in app purchase, So, what you say is, it's good if I have two apps, one lite, and one full for 0.99? Hmmmmm,
It's difficult for me to make a decision ( and I have to make it anyhow!) .The reason I did free with in app purchase was ranking, I wanted to have only one app to focus on as far as ranking. So, I think this is the next question I should ask from everybody. Thank you for your help. Yes, I agree with Arcade and Action too. I do not want to loose my adult gamer since this game is challenging.

@PhagoCychotic
Hmmmm, I tried that with my other game, Monster Fart, what happened was as soon as people get the full version, to the most part they do not care to remove the ads, so, then I would not have enough chance to make money.But you are right as far as the description, I need to say that somewhere. Hmmmmmmm, difficult!!!

@Hale
Thanks for your comment, I should say I definitely agree with you as far as the icon, my other game, Monster Fart is getting a great download even after a year , I think mainly because of it's icon! So, then I think I have to redesign the icon and then put it up in a forum to get vote for,(I'll do that today). As far as the screen shots, I'm not sure, .... But, yes I need to change the category, ACTION AND ARCADE. My only fear is loosing my New and Noteworthy (Which in this case did not bring me any extra downloads!)

Last edited by 4dfrog; 04-25-2011 at 12:03 PM.
04-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale View Post
Firstly: I think the icon is abstract, tells us nothing, and looks sloppy. When I go to the main games page I look at icons. Almost always a good game is accompanied by a pretty, interesting, or dramatic icon to grab our attention. To be frank, yours repels me.
Ignore these comments. I think the icon is great. It's colourful and bright. The icon makes sense. The game is called Gel Mania and the icon has blobs of gel on it. Please don't change it.
As for the game it is very addictive. Great work!!

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106