★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Developers killing each other!

04-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Developers killing each other!

removed

STR8TS , STR8TS 6X6 , DOMINO DICE , PUZZLE DICE,
CAVEMAN TEST, 1 TO 25, SUDOKU+STR8TS, ZARTE, ABSORB WATER, YOU, TIME SHEET (PHOTO VERIFIED),Office Alarm, Travel weather, dock clock,

Last edited by Syndicated Puzzles; 04-24-2011 at 11:58 PM.
04-24-2011, 03:25 PM
So each dev is encouraging others to buy the competitors product to make a phony review.. maybe you should have not started the cycle then..

But at the end a sale is sale not? If the evil dev is sending you daily 1000 customers to write you bad reviews i would send him flowers and some pralines.

If this is about single bad reviews, then well whats the fuzz about it? Its not like one single itunes review has any impact.

04-24-2011, 03:43 PM
removed

CAVEMAN TEST, 1 TO 25, SUDOKU+STR8TS, ZARTE, ABSORB WATER, YOU, TIME SHEET (PHOTO VERIFIED),Office Alarm, Travel weather, dock clock,

Last edited by Syndicated Puzzles; 04-24-2011 at 11:59 PM.
04-24-2011, 03:51 PM
well then we disgree about a single bad review..

if all review are bad you might assume thats there is no ill will from other devs but there is really something wrong witht he game/app in this case..

but i have a slight dejavu here.. because exactly the same stuff happened with "YOU" ... you got bad reviews for a broken product..

maybe the repetive clones of clock apps have all more or less the same fundamental design flaw in them.. ? who knows..

and my post made no sense, really? they need to BUY your app to write a review.. so even a bad review is a sale.. and if they do that a couple times, well then they give you MONEY for that..

if the app/game in question is good, your "normal" vustomers good reviews will take care of fake reviews quite quickly.. i've seen people arguing over comments in the itunes section..

again hysteria doesnt solve a problem thats not there.. a single bad review is negated by a good one.. and most people don't even read the reviews anyway.. they don't even read the descriptions..
04-24-2011, 03:52 PM
In my experience, a negative review does not have a negative effect on sales (quite the opposite, actually.) Sales appear to increase after any kind of review is posted. Figure that one out.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-24-2011, 04:13 PM
removed

Last edited by Syndicated Puzzles; 04-24-2011 at 11:59 PM.
04-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated Puzzles View Post
Mr Ugly talking to you reminds me of a brick wall. Actually your are a waste of time for someone like me. My glass is overflowing your glass is half full and has 50 holes it in it.
Argh
overflowing glass and moaning about single bad reviews.. ahha.. ok.. then whats the fuss here?
04-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
In my experience, a negative review does not have a negative effect on sales (quite the opposite, actually.) Sales appear to increase after any kind of review is posted. Figure that one out.

there lies alot of truth in it..

if you get any review bad or good, someone is interested to spend time and effort to post about his findings..

if your app goes unnoticed or does not spark any comments at all thats even worse.

the fact is bad reviews =! bad sales..

an app needs to be bought to be reviewed if alot of people buy it and give you bad reviews, the sales get you pushed up the ranks and get your more visibility /chance of more sales.. if that ends up with even more bad reviews, maybe something is wrong with the game..

its always easy to point the fault at others and being completly ignorant and crying foul play after every second corner..

maybe i'm just not the person who believes much of such conspiracy stories.
05-03-2011, 03:56 PM
oops
05-04-2011, 02:15 PM
This is awfully one sided